Sushi Gan

Sushi Gan - Inside

Sushi Gan Paris Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Good tasty meal Nov 21, 2010
I had arrived in Paris again and found myself walking in the narrow streets close Louvre. Most of the shops were close and so were the bistros; I could not help myself laughing from a remark by the captain on the plane down from Copenhagen. He said "we are now approaching Paris and the weather there is horrible; just like in Copenhagen, 4 degrees and rain" how true he was.

I turned some corners and ended in an area full of Japanese restaurants and I instantly felt that was what I wanted. I passed a couple and finally entered one. The restaurant was narrow and long with and open kitchen in the middle where two chefs prepared the food. All employees were Japanese or at least Japanese looking.

The floor was with white tiles and the walls were covered with Oakwood and mirrors. The tables were simple wooden tables with wooden chairs. The tables were hardly decorated; a napkin on each place and a glass and a pair of chopsticks, some Kikkoman soya and that was it; simple and Japanese.

After checking the menu my conclusion was that it was cheap to eat here so I ordered one of the large menus with soup, salad, and a huge plate of wonderful raw fish and some regular pieces of sushi. The meal was great; the pieces of fish were great and just what I needed with washibi, rise and the soya sauce. To accompany the meal I ordered a Japanese Asahi beer that went well with meal.

I truly enjoyed the meal; the atmosphere was young, most of the fellow visitors were under 30, again an understatement of the cheap food of good quality.
My Beer