Surrey's Cafe & Juice Bar

Surrey's Cafe & Juice Bar - the menu

Surrey's Cafe & Juice Bar New Orleans Reviews

ahtibat17 ahtibat17
Good... until there was a bug. Oct 27, 2013
I had found Surrey's Cafe and Juice Bar on the Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives website a couple years ago for a New Orleans trip. I didn't go then, so when I returned to NOLA recently, I wanted a place for Sunday breakfast. Sidenote: I looked the menu up ahead of time, and saw on the website where it was in the movie "Failure to Launch", in a scene where Matthew McConnaughhay and his buddies are discussing life. We had to call OnStar for directions, but we found it, then found a parking space a couple blocks further.

Surrey's is a small neighborhood place located on Magazine Street, and it must be a pretty popular place with both locals and tourists, because we had to wait about 20 minutes for a table. Once we were seated, I cold see that this was a cozy, indy cafe. We were sat at a table next to the wall... keep this in mind. I ordered a glass of fresh-squeezed orange juice (definitely recommended) and glanced over the menu. I had pretty well decided on the pain perdu, which is what I did go ahead and order.

Despite being busy, the wait for food wasn't extreme. I thought the meal was okay, but nothing spectacular like had been featured on Triple D. We were close to the end of our meal; I'd paid the bill (something like $30 for just the two of us, so a little on the expensive side) and that's when we got a lovely surprise -- a roach crawled out of the napkin holder on the wall. GROSS! We were done with that and hightailed it out of there.
the menu