Surly Wench Pub

www.surlywenchpub.com - (520) 882-0009

Surly Wench Pub Tucson Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
A kind of dingy, dark, weird British style pub in downtown Tucson Mar 12, 2010
Yesterday was Friday and Happy Hour was on as usual. I had attended one a fortnight ago at Skybar. Surly Wench is located just a block down froom Sky bar on 4th Avenue. I was rather caught by surprise when I entered the pub to find it decorated like a halloween shop with skeletons, skulls, painted black interior and the whole setting looked like another time in another place.Intriguing is the word for this place. Defintitely not my style but the colleage kids love it and it will accommodate the needs of many including country lovers, hard rock, jazz, metal etc. Somethign for everyone.

There are two pool tables spaced well, cassic video games and i think a music box

The bartenders were much younger boys, perhaps students from the University of Arizona making money during a school year, i could be mistaken too. They were pleasant and quick, especially Jason. Service was excellent, I commend them greatly

The drinks were quite reasonably priced, but the food was such a joke for the price we paid. (don't get me wrong, the service from the Kitchen was good). I ordered two servings of chicken wings; one BBQ and the other with thai peanut each cost $8.00. The servings were so small with no side at all. The steak sandwiches came with such small buns, they looked like child's play. Tasty were the wings though, I must comment the cook.

The music started low and nice and then gradually increased to a level where you could hardly hear a word from someone standing close to you. That aside, the company was great.

Check Tucson Hotel Deals