Surin Island, Pang-nga province, Thailand
www.tourismthailand.org, www… - 6676-491-378
Surin Island, Pang-nga province, Thailand Reviews
Feb 17, 2007
Surin Island might not be top of mind list to go in Thailand; however,this place is accredited as a greatest service from Thailand Tourism Authority. It's famous for clear blue water and sky, islands, coral and pure nature. No one ever go there once. I myself really enjoyed my time there more than Similan. It's not just about the place and things to see but experiece from people and their passion that really want us to experience and impress their home. This island will open for tourism only from Nov - May every year, later on it will be closed down for nature recovery.
Since Surin Island, in Pang-nga province located in Andaman sea (not far from Similan island), is the national park, nature is still fresh and pure. No private service on the island; no hotel, no massage on the beach, no pub, no jet ski, and no every thing that Phuket would have. However, you will enjoy nature activities and basic of life services e.g. skin diving, boat trip to other islands, camping on the beach, swim in the sea where you can see phosphorus in the water at night; they will be like star dust around you.
To get there
- Take a bus from South Terminalb to Kuraburi pier (in Pang-nga provicne). Book in advance. The bus leaves at 7 pm and reaches Kuraburi pier at 5 am
- Then, take 4 hrs boat from Kuraburi pier to the island. Also, you have to book in advance. you can easily find the booking number from www.tourismthailand.org.
- Entrance fee for the natinal park costs around 200 baht.
- Bangalow, I don't know the cost but they are very difficult to book since they are only 20 of them
- Tents are available on the island costs 300 baht/tent but they will not be in good spot, or you can bring your own tent and choose the great spot yourself. You just pay for the accommodation fee 40 baht / person
- You can cook yourself. Hot water is availble free of charge at the canteen
- There will be canteen for everyone where u can drink/make friend/watch sport, they have cable. You can order single dish which will cost around 100 baht max or you can order meal set cost around 200-300 baht per person. The feast is really worth paying for; lot's of fresh seafood for up to 4 person.
- Skin diving trip costs around 200 - 300 baht per day including lunch. The boat take off around 10 am and you will be dropped from island to another for skin diving. Each spot takes around 20 mins. The trip will finish around 5 pm and you will be hungry for huge dinner.
- Boat trip around island or sunset spot
- Scuba diving
- Visit Morgan tribe, the real local people who used to live their lives by moving from island to another. But they are settled now and earn money from souvenir.
Hope you enjoy the time there. I still dream of going back there. It's one of my unforgettable experience.
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!