Surfpoint Resort

Surfpoint Resort Rates and Deals

Surfpoint Resort Margaret River Reviews

sshaunaa sshaunaa
Inexpensive Option for Surfers or Non Surfers Alike Apr 09, 2009
I stayed at the hostel on a Friday and Saturday night in a twin room and paid approximately $80 per night. The room had a double bed, twin bed and a tv. The rooms were located in mini cabins, each having three rooms.

The bathrooms were located one small building over, which was about 5 - 7 metres from my front door.

Things I liked about the hostel:

- The common area was seperate from the rooms, which is where the hostel owners asked people to go after the 10pm noise curfew. I had no problems with noise after about 8pm.

- The common area, although I did not use it, had a kitchen, activities and tv with foxtel.

- Check in was fast,easy and the staff were nice and good about answering all my questions!

- The location, although a 10 minute drive to Margaret River, was super close to the beach

- If I had been sharing with friends, this would have been a really cheap option.

- Most people were young travellers, with surf boards drying outside their rooms.

Things I didn't like

- I didn't have my own bathroom, so on the Saturday morning when it was raining, I had to run through the rain to use the toilet. Generally speaking, I would like to have my own bathroom!

- Although I didn't use the shuttle, they advertise the shuttle into Margaret River but I overheard the staff person telling a couple who needed to be into MR at 8am that the first shuttle wasn't until 11am.

Overall I would recommend the hostel if you're looking for a budget option and want to stay in the area. If you have your own car and it's summertime, I would stay here rather than Margaret River just for the proximity of the beach and the fact that Cave Road is about 3 minutes away (easy access to wineries and the region's caves).

Check Surfpoint Resort Rates and Deals