Surfers Paradise

Surfers Paradise, Australia

Surfers Paradise Reviews

d2amy d2amy
Surfers Sep 12, 2010
I can’t decide if I love this place or hate this place. The first time I went here was early as in the morning, at around 8am. It was cold, the sun hadn’t reached the top of the clouds yet and I honestly thought I was going to catch hypothermia, well the Australian version of it. Most of the shops weren’t open and it seemed really dead. But after I ate breakfast and 10 o’clock came round it took on a different look.

It was in August, so still winter, but there were a few tourists around and they seemed to be enjoying taking in the sights. But with the tourists, came the more defined look of this place. Any of you been to Miami, Florida? This is EXACTLY the same. It’s almost sickening how similar they look. I did not and do not like it.

But as the trips to Surfers became more and more frequent (I live about 15 minutes away), it started to grow on me. I can’t tell you if it was the chick walking around nothing but bikinis and cowboy hats trying to sell stuff (HIGHLY DOUBT IT), or the mountains of skeeze, or the million and one restaurants that can add 20 pounds to you. Whatever it is, it’s not that bad anymore, although my number one choice for beach will always be Burleigh Heads.

Related Travel Blogs About Surfers Paradise

Paradise of tourist
Surfers Paradise as its name suggests is a paradise, but not just only for surfing i, think too for tourism, is just only one part of the Gold Coast which is an incredible stretch of beach stret…Surfers Paradise as its name suggests is a paradise, but not just only for surfing i, think…
Surfers Paradise
Surfers Paradise   We have family and friends in Australia, all in the hot tropical north of Queensland, so we were easily seduced by the advertised cheap fares. It was cheaper to book a 7-nig…Surfers Paradise   We have family and friends in Australia, all in the hot tropical north of Queensland…
Day 24 of Australia Adventure - Noosa, Brisbane then Surfers Paradise., Australia - May 9th 2010
Day 24 of Australia Adventure - Noosa, Brisbane then Surfers Paradise., Australia  - May 9th 2010This morning we are up and ready to get going again. No breakfast this morning as we are heading …Surfers Paradise! On ward for a few hours to get to Surfers Paradise, we arrive at nice…

Check Surfers Paradise Hotel Deals