Surf Junction Campground

Shower For Two Jul 02, 2010
8km from Ucluelet

6km to Pacific Rim National Park

33km to Tofino

This campground was exceptional. We booked late and were stuck with an odd campsite. By odd I mean it seemed like they just cleared some trees as an after thought and added a picnic table. Very deep woods feel with complete tree cover from the sky. I was kind of disappointed at first but when it rained and everyone else was hiding in their tents me and my wife were dry as a bone and sitting around the fire. So really it worked out.

Our site was completely private so that was a nice thing.

The campground itself had a hot tub, but don't expect to get in there unless you arrive early and don't mind being joined by about 20 teenage locals who are joining their friends who work at the campground and drinking themselves retarded. Usually after spending our days out and about we always came back and found the hot tub packed with non campground guests despite the signs.

They also offer surf board rentals and lessons. We heard they were decent but there were better options elsewhere.

Wood was also expensive at this place at $5 for a tiny bundle, so get your own if you can.

Showers were the only problem I had. Me and my wife decided to sneak into a shower together in the mens shower room. It was late we figured no one would come in. Sure enough there was a line when we got out.. oops. The shower itself was tiny and awkward, especially for 2 people and even for myself at 6'2" and 220lbs. It was $0.25 for 1.5 minutes and immediately when the time expires the water continues to run in freezing cold only. So it is constantly jumping out of the way. Not pleasant, but it gets you clean so what more can you ask for I guess...

I'd stay at Green Point campground if I went back instead of this one. But like this trip it is a good alternative when that one is full.

Related Travel Blogs About Surf Junction Campground

Best Canadian Road Trip
Work ended at 6pm, we packed the night before so we could just throw our food in a cooler and leave. All of our plans were set, we had house sitters and even threw out the garbage so our house wouldn…Surf Junction Campground near Ucluelet and close to Tofino. We got there and set up and immediately went to Wikkinish…

Check Ucluelet Hotel Deals