525 Laguna Street, San Francisco, CA, USA - (415) 252-9289
Suppenkuche - Almost done.
Suppenkuche - Wine!
Suppenkuche - Portobella Mushrooms.
Suppenkuche - Another.
Suppenkuche - Pork Chops.
Suppenkuche - Menu.
Suppenkuche - More beer!

Suppenkuche San Francisco Reviews

JillianJ JillianJ
Beerfest Apr 01, 2008
When my friend called me and invited me to go to dinner to a German restaurant, I admit I was a bit hesitant. I have been to Germany and experienced the food. However, I am a pescatarian and I don't eat meat. German food is famous for the sausages and I didn't know if this restaurant would be veggie-friendly. Anyway, after checking out the website and a little encouragement from a couple other friends, I gave it a go.

Since the restaurant was located in Hayes Valley and there is not a lot of parking available there, a few friends and I decided to carpool. We had reservations at 8 PM for 12 people but decided to leave quite earlier so we could search for parking. We didn't find anything so ended up valeting it (which, for $7, is not bad at all).

The restaurant was completely packed. Although we were there pretty early, we told the hostess that some of the party was there and they got our table ready.

As soon as the rest of the gang arrived, the boys were ready for their the famous German boot. My brother and I scanned the menu for veggie-friendly food and lo and behold we found something! I ended up ordering the Portobella Mushroom stuffed with Spinach and Feta Cheese served on a Pepper Sauce and a glass of red wine.

We anxiously awaited the boots that boys ordered and, when they finally arrived, cheering ensued. It was so exciting. I just kept thinking about the movie "Beerfest."

Shortly after, our food arrived. It looked absolutely delicious. Other than my brother and myself, everyone else ordered pork chops or sausages. And everyone was definitely pleased. The food was really good.

I think the highlight of the night, other than the food and the boys and their boots, was the tiny woman sitting at the table next to us who ordered the wheel barrel, which was a giant mug of beer, much larger than the famous boot. I couldn't believe she finished the entire thing.

Great food. Great company. Great times.
German Boots.
Pork Chops.
Portobella Mushrooms.
mosted says:
Ohh you should have tried green sauce (Grüne Soße) in Germany, its without meat and tastes so amazing - keep in mind fot the next time: green sauce, with egg and potatoes :D
Posted on: Aug 02, 2011
Jeredk says:
awesome, going there for sure next time I'm in SF
Posted on: May 07, 2008
adriana123 says:
doooooood i totally saw this on the show check please! bay area and i've been wanting to go but i am a vegetarian as well! i don't really do mushrooms, but i guess i can go for the beer!
Posted on: Apr 03, 2008