Super 8 Metairie

Super 8 Metairie Rates and Deals

Super 8 Metairie Reviews

montecarlostar montecar…
If you can't afford to stay in downtown NOLA stay here! Apr 12, 2012
You know that where there is a festival in New Orleans, it's really expensive to stay at downtown. I am not a person who likes (or can) spend 350 dollars per hotel night on a vacation, so I usually try and stay in Metairie, by far the best choice from all the cities in the NOLA metro area.

I booked this hotel with a lot of time in advance because the city literaly runs out of rooms during Mardi Gras.

So, upon arrival, I found the not pleasant surprise that my reservation had been cancelled! I was like "oh no, not again!" (that had happened to me during Mardi Gras 2010 because of the stupid website! don't ever use it!), but this time the lady of the front desk could still give me a room! I am not sure how she did that, but she saved the day for me! She said that there had been a problem charging my credit card during my reservation, and I was so pleased that I could still get in, because it would be impossible to find a place in NOLA during Mardi Gras without a reservation!

And well, I am really surprised of how good Super 8 motels are. A lot of people think they are just a cheap hotel like a Motel 6, but not really, these have even better quality than a Days Inn IMO. Driving to NOLA downtown from there takes only about 15 minutes, so even if it's not in a walking distance you can still get there without wasting a lot of time.

The only thing to consider is that if you want to get really drunk and wasted in NOLA make sure you carry a card with the hotel address, that way you can just give it to the taxi driver, if you are still conscious enough to get back to the hotel. Otherwise you might just find someone to spend the night with, nothing difficult in crazy NOLA! ;)

Anyway, you want to consider this hotel if you are going to the big easy and don't want to pay a ridiculous price for a hotel night.

Super 8 Metairie Overview

The Super 8 Metairie offers free Wi-Fi and an outdoor pool as well as conference room(s), meeting rooms and a business centre. Metairie town centre is within a short 10 minute drive from the motel.

The motel's garden offers peace and quiet to sit and relax. Travellers concerned about access and mobility issues will be pleased to know the motel caters to these needs with lift facilities and wheelchair access. Feel greater comfort in your motel as this venue offers a pet-friendly policy. Huey P. Long Bridge and Audubon Zoo are within a 20 minute drive from the motel.

Super 8 Amenities

• Desk
  • Direct dial phone
  • Facsimile
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower