Super 8 Calgary Airport

Super 8 Calgary Airport Reviews

world-traveller123 world-tr…
Good Value and For Short Stay in Calgary Feb 23, 2013
Review of Super 8 at 3030 Barlow Trail, Calgary Alberta

Was decent hotel for a stay in Calgary for one night. Location was not bad as it was in a quiet and safe area of the city. Not really close to airport but it seems there are not many hotels like right next to airport. On arrival hotel is on same property as a Comfort Inn and you have to drive up this skinny parking lot slowly to get to their area.

On check in was early in morning and I was able to get a room that was ready at the time. One thing that was odd was a bit confusing and they require a $50.00 pre authorization from one of your credit card. Strange! The hotel is very basic but to their credit the beds were very comfortable.heck in was a bit confusing and they require a $50.00 pre authorization from one of your credit card. Strange! The hotel is very basic but to their credit the beds were very comfortable.

When I got to the room, even though I never watch TV, It did not work at all. I had to unplug the digital box and connect the cable directly to the TV to see any type of program. I was able to get the basic 15 channels from the. So I did have some background sounds going on with the TV finally. Room I noticed did not have a heater just an AC that you can get heat from. The WIFI in the room was fast and reliable, no dropped connections. Very quiet hotel and good price. I found area to be quite safe and no worries of any crime in area. There are places to eat in area, more less down the street are some fast food places. Sure there is a major highway just outside the Super 8, but the room was well-insulated enough that I didn't even hear it.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Calgary for a short term. I would stay at this property again, but I hope they fix their television again. As the signals did not work at all. But I only consider that small issue.

The Reviews you see on trip advisor are from on extreme to another. I do not understand how come so many negative reviews. I do not thing that this place deserves a negative rating. Its more of a place to for a basic short stay.

Overall I would stay here again and tell others to stay here.
ok area
view from room
nice big tv but no signal
outside of super 8

Super 8 Calgary Airport Overview

Welcome to the Super 8 of Calgary located just minutes away from the Calgary International Airport and highway 1. We are located near restaurants and shopping. The Super 8 Calgary offers you a SuperStart breakfast in the morning, and on site guest laundry. All rooms offer wireless high speed internet, iron& boards, hair dryers, and fridges. The hotel offers free Shuttle service during the hours of 4:30 am to 11:00 pm.

100% Smoke Free Facility.

6 Golf Courses

• TV
  • Laundry service
  • Golf Course (nearby)
  • Photocopier
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Ice Machine