Super 8 Bedford

Check Bedford Hotel Deals

Super 8 Bedford Reviews

vances vances
A bed in Bedford Nov 26, 2015
A satisfactory, if not ‘super’ accommodation. You really cannot harbor grand expectations for an economy hotel in the middle of nowhere, especially at such a reasonable rate. I was surprised to see the parking lot fairly full when I pulled in late at night on Thanksgiving. If they can draw a crowd on such an odd night, I suppose their reputation cannot be bad.

That assumption was reinforced when I checked in. Confess the usual attitude of late night receptionists at such venues is tart and condescending, but Super 8 Bedford was a breath of fresh air. I automatically extract my driver’s license and credit card from my wallet whenever checking in, but the attendant quickly informed me a credit card was not necessary (I had pre-paid). I responded it was habit for any “incidentals” and her smiling response was that I had no opportunity to rack any of those up, lol. So nice to experience a fun and pleasant attitude for a change.

The room décor was atrocious, but actually rather fun. I was surprised the square footage was reasonably expansive with a full complement of amenities (microwave, fridge, big screen TV and even a business desk space). They even offered a free buffet breakfast for the ridiculously low rate. Truth be told, it was a crappy offering, but if I can score a cup of coffee and a bagel for no charge I get by.

Though I am unaware of anything nearby (my morning destination was Thomas Jefferson’s Poplar Forest, a half hour drive away), they seem to do a good business at bargain rates, all served with a cheery attitude.
Super 8 Bedford. Nothing special,…
Well, it looks rather snazzy, does…
Fridge, microwave and big screen T…
...even a small work space.

Super 8 Bedford Overview

The Super 8 Bedford is found at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains. The property is close to sites like the National D-Day Memorial, Bedford Museum, Smith Mountain Lake, Holy Land and the Booker T. Washington Memorial. Nearby dining options include Ruby Tuesday, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell.

Guest rooms and suites at the Super 8 Bedford are outfitted with modern-day conveniences. These include cable televisions, clock radios, modem lines and telephones with free local calls. Microwave ovens and refrigerators are also available. Ironing facilities and hair dryers can be requested at the front desk. Suites have Jacuzzi tubs.

The Super 8 Bedford is a two-storey accommodation with a meeting room that can hold up to 15 people. This pet-friendly property also provides copy and fax services, a 24-hour front desk and a parking space that accommodates trucks and buses. Complimentary amenities include a Continental breakfast and high-speed Internet access.

Super 8 Amenities