Sunshine Hostel

Sunshine Hostel Rates and Deals

Sunshine Hostel Medellin Reviews

d2amy d2amy
Loved the ping pong table! Jun 21, 2010
We chose this hostel because it was the cheapest we could find around La Zona Rosa in Medellin. It was 6.50 USD a night, and you pay for what you get. You get a bed, a kitchen to use, a bathroom, and a cold shower. We stayed here for 3 nights, and I didn’t have a problem with it other than that there wasn’t hot water. My biggest pet peeve is not having hot water for a shower.

The owner was a very friendly, helpful man. He was Israeli, and spoke perfect Hebrew, Spanish and English.

The kitchen here is probably one of the best I got to cook at in all of South America. It was clean, and the stove was incredible. Although, not very big, but easy to keep clean unlike so many other kitchens in hostels.

The bed wasn’t great, but it wasn’t bad either. So if you’re looking for a comfy bed, and that’s your biggest wish, pick somewhere else as it is probably on the bad side rather then the comfortable.

If you are only staying in Medellin for a couple of nights, and aren’t complete cheapos like myself and my boyfriend, then I’d splurge and go with a hostel that might be 12 or so USD a night instead of sunshine.

Check Sunshine Hostel Rates and Deals