Sunset Huts

Check Koh Chang Hotel Deals

Sunset Huts Koh Chang Reviews

JacobChr JacobChr
My worst accomodation Apr 24, 2011
Definitely the worst place I stayed in my time in South East Asia.

You can choose between 2 kinds of bungalows, and I opted unfortunately for the bungalow with sea view since it wasn't possible to get one of the other bungalows located further away from the sea.

One of my friends stayed in one of the bungalows which is located away from the sea, and that is a much better choice.

Unfortunately I had to spend the night in the sea bungalow, and even though it was quite cheap (600 baht), I would have expected it to be much better.

Very dirty inside and in the bathroom, there was an open pipe leading to the outside. The pipe was crawling with snails, who liked to make their appearance in the bathroom as well. Very nasty.

And during the night I didn't only have to worry about the snails or the crawling things which could enter the bungalow through the hole under the door.

A gecko kept me awake for a long time (can't blame the hostel for that), but the music was really loud (live music), and it kept on going until 3 in the night. Luckily the music was quite good :-)

So only 1 star from me.

If I had to rate the bungalows that are located away from the beach, I would probably rate them with 3 stars.
Sunset Huts - bedroom
JacobChr says:
Oh yes :-). I remember we walked around to 5 or 6 other hostels and hotels. No luck :-)
Posted on: May 09, 2011
James1985 says:
i remember how much money you were willing to pay to NOT stay there!
Posted on: May 08, 2011
JacobChr says:
For sure. Those things just add more spice to your travels :-). Bad experiences become funny stories after some time, so bad experiences aren't really that bad :-)
Posted on: May 07, 2011

Related Travel Blogs About Sunset Huts

Dan, Ben and Steves tour of South East Asia 2002
Wednesday 3rd April 2002 After 10 uncomfortable hours on lufthansa’s finest 747 we landed at Hong Kong’s Chek lap kok airport at about 7am, unfortunately we’d had seats in the middle row so di…sunset was good but it was slightly cloudy. We had some food and on the way back to the Victory we stopped at a 24 hour garage where…

Check Koh Chang Hotel Deals