Sunset Cafe

Tanah Lot, Indonesia

Sunset Cafe Tanah Lot Reviews

shasya shasya
Best vantage point to watch the sun set at Tanah Lot Jan 10, 2009
I was introduced to the Sunset Cafe at Tanah Lot during my trip to Bali in 2005. Situated on the edge of the cliff overlooking Tanah Lot, the location of this lovely cafe makes it a wonderful vantage point to view the sunset.

By chance during my visit, there was a prayer ceremony. I was overwhelmed by the sight and sounds, you could feel the the presence of something greater - an esoteric feeling.

Indeed, I was completely hypnotised and mesmerised by the mystical Tanah Lot. The aqua blue waters. The beautiful hues in the sky when the sun goes down. Hearing the balinese gamelan undertoned by prayer chants. Could I call this original trance music?

Ahh bliss... to me this could be one of the most relaxing place on earth. It was the highlight of my trip and even after many years I still hold that memory close to my heart.

On my last trip to Bali in 2009, I had to visit Sunset Cafe once again, because I really wanted to "recapture the feeling" of a wonderful sense of peace and calm. Unfortunately, I missed the prayer ceremony and sadly the environ around Tanah Lot had become even MORE commercialised and I even spotted surf shops and aghast! a Polo Ralph Lauren outlet store?!?

Still, I would recommend the Sunset Cafe as a lovely vantage point for picturesque views of the sunset Tanah Lot while enjoying a sundowner (the pina coladas are the best!).

Compare Canggu Hotel Rates (5.6km away)

Tanah Lot Map