Sunset Beach Resort And Spa Montego Bay

Sunset Beach Resort And Spa Montego Bay Rates and Deals

Sunset Beach Resort And Spa Montego Bay Reviews

swtdeesha swtdeesha
Apr 20, 2014
We showed up without a reservation and although they had no vacancy, they allowed us to rent a room that was reserved. This place was amazing and i would absolutely visit again. Such an awesome experience.
elizadoo elizadoo
Okay but not exceptional Jul 24, 2012
I almost feel bad not being as positive as the other reviewers, but I didn't find this resort met my expectations based on the description I was given. I realize it is not a 5 star, but the problems we dealt with there were far more basic than picky.

First, our patio door did not fully close the entire time we were there. This was not a safety issue in the sense that we were not on the ground floor, but it meant that our room (and belongings) were constantly damp as the air con caused condensation to form constantly, but turning the air off turned the room into a sauna. Despite repeated requests, nothing was done. Secondly, the cleanliness of the room was questionable throughout our stay. On at least one occasion the maid simply placed dirty towels back on the towel bar, even though we left the wet towels on the floor so they would be replaced.

The walls are paper thin and we were awoken several times throughout each night as guests returning from a night out stumbled into their rooms.

The pirate ship was closed to all the entire time we were there and my niece and nephew were disappointed as that was something they were looking forward to.

The Kid's Club is horrid! My little niece cam out having learned to dance in a way that only pole dancers should know! I'm not a prude, but a 9 year old thrusting her pelvis like a pro (after having learned it during what was supposed to be craft time in the club) is a disturbing sight to behold!

Food was only okay and very repetitive. You need to be at the buffet when it opens if there is something particular you want.

Restaurants were mediocre at best.

Lazy river was good (if packed). Beach was terrible, as it was full of seaweed, urchins and even garbage in many areas. We stayed poolside. The worst pat is when cruise guests show up for the day, and there are too many people for too little staff.

It was okay but I definitely would not go back.
rastamermaid rastamer…
Excellent for the kids! May 07, 2011
I know renovations have been made since my last visit to this resort but I'll give my review.

It's a nice hotel and especially if you have small children you will be the best parent ever.

The have a castle-style waterslide that overlooks the beach,so they wake up sliding and slide all the way to dinner.

Another thing I liked was the arcade room that you needed so money,so kids met kids while playing games and having fun.

The language barrier means nothing to kids having fun.

This kids club when I was there was awesome. I real picky about whom I leave my child with,so yes I spied.

They were very attentive,keeping the kids involved,making sure they ate,had fun and learned alittle also.

Caught them having a relay race on the beach at the kids end.

At the kids end is a mini golf course,large check deck with giant checkers.

Now there is a nice stretch of beach between the kids end and the adult end,yes you can go au natural there.

They have a buffet type restaurant it's the general restaurant,had adecent variety of food to choose from,but there are also specialty resturants you need reservations for.And depending onwhat you like there may be an added fee.

One tip for all-incusive resorts,pack your own oversized drinks holder(beer drinkers the keystone mini kegs work great)cuts down on trips to the bar and keeps your drinks cold!
boomeran11 boomeran…
Best Bang for the Buck Jul 05, 2011
Sunset Beach has alot to offer, excellent room service, waterpark, close to downtown in between Negril and Montego Bay airport. Spent several trips there, and it guarantees to never let me down. Excellent food buffets, bands. Best for the money whether single or family.

Best discount found on Expedia or Travelocity
LawrenceDuLac Lawrence…
All Inclusive and Family Fun Resort Jan 22, 2009
Sunset Beach Resort and Spa is a fantastic place to go to and basically do what ever it is you choose to do. It's an all-inclusive resort. That means you enjoy deluxe air-conditioned accommodation with a private balcony, all meals in a choice of buffet and a la carte restaurants, unlimited beverages and cocktails at their six bars, non-motorized water sports, work out in the air-conditioned gym with exercise equipment, aerobics classes and free weights, daily activities and nightly entertainment, access to four championship courts, all lit for night play, dance the night away to your favorite tunes in the Tamarind Lounge, Nightly entertainment including Caribbean floor shows, fashion shows and beach party nights, slot machines

Kids are baby sat by trained staff at Club Mongoose and the Pirates Cove Teen Center entertains the older children. All facilities at the Pirates Paradise Water Park are monitored by Staff.

I've been back so many times that I am an official member of the SunSetters Club!
SBR Main Area Rear

• Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Steam Bath
  • Beauty Salon
  • Facial Treatments
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower