Sunset At The Palms Resort Negril

Sunset At The Palms Resort Negril Rates and Deals

Sunset At The Palms Resort Negril Reviews

Pianist718 Pianist7…
Great beach in Negril & Wonderful staff May 27, 2012
Traveled to Negril, Jamaica. The resort (Sunset at the palms) was very nice. Staff people are very pleasant and overall mood is very relaxed. Most bartenders know how to have fun and keep you entertained. Leoni (The Chef at the beach grill) is simply amazing. Very pleasant person to talk to AND makes great food. Best lunch there. Great singer as well. I think that she herself as a great asset to this resort. You'll see what I mean when you meet her.

DeJoan is a great guy who is not only very likable but has a great voice and was doing a great duet with me by the bar. Me on the piano and him singing... we drew more people than the party that was happening by the pool.

A couple times a week they have Paul Taylor playing the piano by the bar. Great musician and a pleasant guy. Please tip him if you can. I'd even suggest they place a huge good looking bole for people to place tips. It's being done everywhere in New York and it's perfectly fine.

Now ... you probably read many reviews and saw how everyone was raving about the place, so I'll mention some tips that will help you have a better time at the resort and beyond.

1. Try to get a room away from the rode. Some people might not mind the road noise but when I want to relax and feel secluded from everything ... car noise is not the sound I want to hear. We asked to be moved from rooms 600s to 500s and it was done the next day. Good choice.

2. Try to get a room closer to the main entrance as you might get tired from walking all the way through the resort (Avoid rooms in the 700s) every time you go from the beach or the bar to your cottage.

3. Here Is How NOT to get Bitten by Mosquitoes. ...... keep your balcony doors closed!!! ...especially during the sunset and evenings. People let those things get into their rooms and then they wake up in the morning with dozens of bites.

4. Best time to see and be on the beach is as early as possible. We would come at 8-9am and the water was amazing. Very calm. (Amazing time to rent a wave runner "JetSki"). Partying at the bar until 4am can be done at home .... the true gem of this place is to wake up early to see the best as soon as possible.

5. If you want to rent a wave runner see "Jimmy" (usually wearing black t-shirt and redish shorts) His wave runner is one of the best out there. These guys ask for $60 per 30 min. That's a lot of B.S. They'll give it to you for $40. Take it and enjoy it. It's amazing to ride that thing on calm waters. You'll see the sea floor as you speed on the beautiful waters. (to the left of the resort is a nude beach. Go see it)

6. We went snorkeling with Andy. He is just to the right on the beach. He will snorkel with you and it costs $15-20 per person. Cool experience.

7. Restaurants. The food is pretty good but I can see how one can get tired of it if they stay 2 weeks there. Try the Lamb and Beef at the LaCarte (or whatever it's called) restaurant. It's amazing. Note that their portions are not too big so you might ask for double or something.

8. Best lunch is ON THE BEACH prepared by my dear Leoni (hope I spelled that right). Even though every staff member is very nice and pleasant, she is THE MOST pleasant one. Ask her to sing for you. Excellent voice.

9. Transportation was provided to us by Clive's transport and they were very good. We did not request a "private transfer" and yet were the only ones on the bus. Saved a total of $60.

10. Make sure you take a lot of singles. I had $100 worth of singles and left it all there for tips. If you can ... please tip the staff. I wish I could leave tips for every meal we had but it'd cost us a lot more than $100.

11. It does get pretty cold in the room at night so be prepared to turn off the fan and ask for extra blankets.

12. The DRINKS ..... I am not a fan of alcohol so the Pina Coolatta and the regular punch juice was very, very good to me.

Last Thoughts;

We walked by the RIU resort that is right next to us and I was glad we chose Sunset at the Palms. At 11am when people were trying to relax on the beach ... 40 feet from them there was a lady (exercise instructor) screaming on the microphone to few other nut jobs as they were shaking their booty. I'd hate that if it was happening on our side of the beach.

There are not a ton of things to do in Negril unless you want to drive 1-3 hours to see something, therefore ... 5-6 days is enough if it's only the two of you. Anything more might get a little boring unless you're traveling with friends. It's not the resort .... it's the entire area.

I read that people complained about things like being offered drugs or someone harassing them on the beach. That didn't happen during my stay. A simple "No thank you" will get rid of any vendor. These folks just want to make money. We almost didn't notice them. Maybe they were disciplined by the resorts but it's fine right now.

If you want to see the sunset (which is beautiful) be sure to wear some summer pants and a shirt that will cover your body from mosquitoes. We brought a bug repellent but almost didn't use it simply by doing things mentioned above. In total I got bitten 5-6 times which is nothing.

Try to make some friends there. It'll make your stay better especially in the evenings when many hang out by the bars. People are open to conversations and a simple "So, where are you from?" will be a great starter.

Well ... hope this was useful to you. Enjoy your vacation.
Wave-runners available from 8am. D…
Great girl. Great food right on th…

Sunset At The Palms Resort Negril Overview

The hotel is located on Bloody Bay Beach. Those who are staying at the Sunset At The Palms Resort Negril will be able to find places to scuba dive, snorkel, and go cliff jumping. They can also head into the town of Negril to find places to dine, shop, and drink. Reaching areas distant from the Sunset At The Palms Resort Negril is easy with the aid of public transportation. Guests will be able to walk to the beach and to other areas.

All of the rooms at the Sunset At The Palms Resort Negril have balconies that have views of the beach or the gardens. The rooms also have satellite TV, bathrooms, and air conditioning. All of the rooms at the hotel are nonsmoking.

The Sunset At The Palms Resort Negril is an all-inclusive property, and the staff at the hotel can help to arrange tours. The hotel has an open-air restaurant that serves Caribbean and international fare. The hotel has an outdoor pool and spa, as well as a swim up bar and a beach bar and grill. The hotel has conference facilities and currency exchange services.

Sunset At The Palms Resort Amenities

• Jet-Ski
  • Scuba Diving
  • Windsurfing
  • Water Activities
  • Tennis Courts (outdoor)
  • Kayaking
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Jacuzzi
  • Massage
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower