Sunsail Hotel

Check Lamu Island Hotel Deals

Sunsail Hotel Lamu Island Reviews

samie_sam samie_sam
A great place to stay in Lamu May 20, 2011
The Sunsail Hotel is quite a nice place to stay when in Lamu. It's owned by a local Muslim family and is right by the sea front! It has 18 rooms, 11 upstairs and 7 downstairs. Each room is self-contained and mosquito nets and a fan is provided.However, no hot water...but who needs it when the weather is just warm enough..

The place has a great veranda to sit on to watch the waterfront, the sunrise and sunset. I stayed there with my friends (during a school trip) for a whole week and really loved it! On the day of our arrival, they had a Swahili buffet enticingly laid out on the tables at the roof top. The food was great! The night before our departure, they did the same thing again and this time , they invited a local Lamu band to play for us some Swahili tunes whilst we were having dinner. How awesome! :)

It's also a very safe place and has a friendly staff. Once when one of my dresses was torn, I needed a needle and thread so bad. I was heading to buy some but the hotel owner's son, kindly offered me one they had in stock. So yeah, if you are likely to get a torn dress, shirt, skirt etc...you know where to stay! :)

The Price:

About £15 per night - bed and breakfast. They have single and double rooms, but a triple room is also available upon request. Oh, and the rooms are each named after famous cities. I stayed in Bangkok! :)

Contact: Still to find them. But everyone in Lamu knows Sunsail Hotel! Just tell the boat people by the sea and they shall take you there.
The Reception
the bedroom I shared with a friend
The balcony
Sunsail Hotel
travelman727 says:
Nice review and a gorgeous location :-D
Posted on: May 19, 2011