Sunrise House

(416) 535-1019

Sunrise House Toronto Reviews

GMendozaFilms GMendoza…
Sunrise House Feb 03, 2013
Toronto is a very multicultural city and we have pockets of neighbourhoods from various cultures. This diversity results in a diversity of culinary cuisine in one city. We call the strip of Bloor Street between Bathurst and Christie “little Korea.” There are plenty of bakery stores, grocery stores and of course Korean Restaurants. You know you’re in a Korean neighbourhood because there are all kinds of Korean businesses with plenty of Koreans many pretty enough to be in Korean movies. My first experience with Korean culture was Tae Kwon Club in my high school. When people see you doing spin around hooks and other cool Korean martial arts moves the bullies tend to look for other prey. There weren’t any Koreans in the Tae Kwon Do club as there weren’t any Korean students at the high school. When I moved to Parkdale C.I. to finish high school that’s when I first made Korean school friends. I would later meet Korean martial artist in the army. I am currently obsessed with Korean Cinema from “My Sassy Girl” “Musa the Warrior” to “Tae Guk Gi.”

I love the side dishes that you get at Korean restaurants. I only recognized the bowl of kimchi but the other stuff were all so tasty and mouth watering good. For an appetizer with our complimentary appetizers; we got some vegetable dumplings. It is always tasty and crispy. We got a bowl of soup, refillable cups of tea and a large plastic container of water with our orders of hot bowls or “Bulgogi” which is basically a bowl that is piping hot and has rice, noodles and yummy vegetables and a fried egg. It was a lot of food for two ppl and filling. I’m always distracted when I see Korean patrons with their orders. There’s so much more dishes that I have yet to try.

My friend Mantis who introduced to the Sunrise House warned me that the restaurant is very popular so when it’s busy the service tend to be a tad slow. The Korean waitress is so darn polite and cute that I don’t think I could ever get angry at her. I love the bowing too because it gives you a sense of being around a proud culture with honored traditions. We tend to go here after martial arts class especially when the cardio was heavy in the training. Sunrise House is a nice mid size restaurant with an Asian flare with good food and at a decent price.
Sunris House