Sunrise Guesthouse

Perhentian Kecil, Malaysia

Compare Pulau Perhentian Hotel Rates (3.6km away)

Sunrise Guesthouse Perhentian Kecil Reviews

BreeB BreeB
Perfect Location - Dorms Ok May 27, 2013
This Guesthouse has dorms for a decent price (watch out though as they have several price changes depending on time of year).

The dorms rooms are only fan and they turn them off during the day. The time during the day varies but can be 9 or 11am up until 6pm. The electricity is also turned off, so take this into consideration (although most hostels/chalets do this on the island).

The location is right on long island beach and you walk downstairs to be a few metres from the water.

When my friend and I stayed at this hostel in April 2013, we found the dorm room to be quite loud due to two generators being right outside our window which were working 24/7. Our dorm beds (on the second floor) happened to be next to the opened window (as the fans don't really keep the room cool) and it was frustrating knowing that the noise never stopped. However when we spoke to the others in the dorm, the noise didn't bother them (they were further from the noise source - but perhaps were also falling asleep drunk most nights??).

The beds are comfy enough, the pillows ok. There is no top sheet or blanket (just the standard fitted sheet on mattress), so bring a sarong or something to stop the mosquito bites (or buy local repellant).

The bathrooms were bearable, but definitely not anything nice. They are combined toilet/shower amenities and they don't appear to be thoroughly cleaned daily.

But to be honest, having tried 2 other hostels/chalets on the long island area prior to our stay here, this was better in terms of location and dorm room layout.

So give it a go and see what you think of it.

NOTE: I was struck down with the flu at the time of my stay at the guesthouse, so perhaps my memories of this place is a little bit nastier than I would usually write if I was in perfect health.
Chokk says:
Nice work with you new laptop ;)
Posted on: May 27, 2013

Compare Pulau Perhentian Hotel Rates (3.6km away)

Perhentian Kecil Map