Sunrise Deli

(415) 664-8210

Sunrise Deli San Francisco Reviews

Eric Eric
Feb 11, 2006
Sunrise Deli is a pretty popular falafel place in San Francisco. I used to say that I didn't like mediterranean food, but I think Sunrise Deli has made me a convert. I didn't even know what a falafel was the first time I went here (basically, it's a small, fried ball of of goodness), and I was convinced I would hate it. I ordered the "super falafel", which is a pita filled with hummus, falafel balls, and veggies. It was so delicious that not only did I devour the super falafel in a gluttonous frenzy, but I also ordered a bag full of falafels on my way out to snack on. Even though my stomach was already full at this point, I am sorry to say that most of those poor falafels did not even survive the short walk to the car. Recently, Sunrise Deli also opened up a Berkeley location. Although the Berkeley Sunrise deli is not bad, I think the SF location serves better falafels. I've ordered super falafels from both locations, but the ones in SF tasted fresher and richer. It feels like they put more hummus and sauce in the SF version, which adds a lot more the flavor.

Check San Francisco Hotel Deals