Sunny Point Café

626 Haywood Road, Asheville, NC, USA - (828) 252-0055
Sunny Point Café - Posted by the main entrance, and reinforcing how busy this place gets!
Sunny Point Café - My awesome breakfast serving of shrimp & grits!!!
Sunny Point Café - Main dining area.  Not too bad when we were seated, but minutes later a cramped madhouse.
Sunny Point Café - Menu for Sunny Point Café
Sunny Point Café - 'Overlow' room at Sunny Point - the very small main dining are is immediately behind this addition.

Sunny Point Café Asheville Reviews

vances vances
I see your Point! Dec 26, 2015
Wow, a terrific discovery in Asheville. A hallmark of Sunny Point is one menu for the entire day, so feel free to order breakfast for dinner or dessert for breakfast! Reviews of the café alerted us to a its popularity, so we were sure to arrive about fifteen minutes before their eight o’clock opening (clearly seems tourists drive their volume, as this is the latest opening time I recall for an eatery featuring breakfast). We were fourth in line and quickly seated, but the place filled up on our heels.

The single demerit for this place is the cramped seating as tables are shoulder to shoulder, though it is understandable given the popularity (please note the “Playground Rules” photo down below). Beyond that minor complaint, this is foodie nirvana. The chef whips up selections from fresh, locally sourced ingredients, with the most notable proof being their vegetable garden right beside the main entrance.

Perusing the menu, I am always stopped dead in my tracks when I see shrimp & grits listed. Although I had expressed reluctance at how tasty this dish might be when prepared so far away from my coastal home (where it is a regional feature), a previous pleasing experience in Asheville left no hesitation. Especially since I had never seen this on a breakfast menu before. It was beyond fantastic and as always seems to happen, I shared a sample with Laura and Sandy to convert them into fans of the delicious dish.

It was nice to be seated and avoid the madhouse of scrambling wait staff and new arrivals, but service was professional and prompt despite all the traffic. Everybody was beyond happy with their meal selection and we planned on returning for dinner next time we visited Asheville --- especially because they offer a broad selection of local beers on tap. Wine is also available and Sunny Point apparently has a solid reputation for custom cocktails (including a spicy bloody mary and “mega mosa” for brunch).
Posted by the main entrance, and r…
"Overlow" room at Sunny Point - th…
Menu for Sunny Point Café
Main dining area. Not too bad whe…

Check Asheville Hotel Deals