Sunjin Grand Hotel

Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
011 45 7711
Sunjin Grand Hotel - Wall dividing the hotel parking lot and the adjacent neighborhood.
Sunjin Grand Hotel - Selfie after a 12 hour flight in the comfortable confines
Sunjin Grand Hotel - Great bed

Check Ulaanbaatar Hotel Deals

Sunjin Grand Hotel Ulaanbaatar Reviews

bensonryan bensonry…
Good Hotel dismal location Oct 03, 2014
Sunjin Grand is an interesting Hotel that would satisfy a wide variety of tourists that aren't too concerned about location. For its value, (about $100 a night depending on Mongolian currency), I found the room and all the facilities to be very spacious and comfortable. No issues with heating particularly during my visit last week where night temperatures drop to below freezing.

At first impression, I thought the customer service was a little rough around the edges but didn't think too negatively about it after the week I've spent there. Westerners beware that their English proficiency of the staff is very limited so it would benefit you to get a dictionary or a translation application on your smart phone. Don't be fooled by the apparent rigidness of the hotel staff, they are very courteous and will handle your personal requests, with or without language barriers.

Special attention has been given to my room on a daily basis though they could have maintained the hallways with a little more efficiency. Most of the hallways were poorly lit and sometimes room service would neglect to clean left over plates my neighboring residents would leave outside their doors. For a hotel that is rather isolated on the east end of Ulaanbaatar, it definitely packed a lot of business on a daily basis even in an off season. I witnessed ceremonies ranging from wedding receptions to a Miss Mongolia beauty contest while I was there.

Amenities include a golfing room, a spa/sauna, a nicely equipped fitness room, and business room (which helped me handle an important business transaction). Three restaurants occupy the main floor. Two offering contemporary western dishes from burgers to spaghetti, the other a Korean restaurant.

After my week stay I felt overall very relaxed, the only inhibitor for me returning here is its location. The hotel room I stayed in overlooked an impoverished neighborhood from the fifth floor. There are very few attractions in the immediate area with surroundings I wouldn't want to venture in at night. Good Hotel/ not an ideal location
Great bed
Selfie after a 12 hour flight in t…
bensonryan says:
Yes sir!
Posted on: Oct 23, 2014
rsvpme says:
Golf simulation rooms, the ultimate for the budding golfer....?
Posted on: Oct 17, 2014
bensonryan says:
It's one of those golfing simulator rooms. LOL
Posted on: Oct 16, 2014