Sunfish (or best fish and chips in town)

2800 Alki Avenue SW, Seattle, WA, USA

Sunfish (or best fish and chips in town) Seattle Reviews

chivato chivato
May 29, 2007
Fish and chips, the staple of the english diet has caught on in the Seattle area. And this isn't a recent happening, just something that I became aware of when I moved to the city over five years ago. You can get fish and chips just about everywhere, from the corner Ivars (a seattle institution) to your local pub. Everywhere. Most likely this is because Seattle is a port town where its easy to get some of the freshest fish on earth, straight off the boat from alaska or just off its own coast.

The best fish and chips place in the city that is well debated. I once listened to an entire 3 hour radio show devoted to the topic (only I only listened to about 45 minutes of the 3 hour radio how, but I digress) and for my money, the best place is the Sunfish on Alki beach. Not only do I think this is the best fish and chips shop, but the Stranger backs me up on this.

This very unassuming place, almost at the end of the alki beach strip is a little fried slice of paradise. Hand breaded, fresh halibut, chips (fries) and a healthy helping of vinegar and you couldn't really ask for anything more (making myself hungry here). Only, well, you get more. The place has a nice view of the city in the summer (or on a nice day) although don't plan on seeing too much since the place is HEAPING with people during the summer. That's basically the only downside, its good and popular. So .. wait for a typical Seattle rainy day and head to the Sunfish, its truly a worthy visit.

Check Seattle Hotel Deals