Sunbird Ku Chawe Hotel

01 514 211

Sunbird Ku Chawe Hotel Reviews

pearcetoyou pearceto…
Hiking the Zomba Plateau Aug 18, 2008
On the weekend of August 16 and 17, we traveled west to the country of Malawi to do some hiking at the Zomba Plateau...something I needed badly for some conditioning in lieu of my upcoming Mt. Kilimanjaro climb. Zomba Plateau is unique. A great slab of a mountain rising to 6000ft (1800m), it has vast tracts of cedar, pine and cypress but elsewhere the vegetation is wild and mixed. The plateau top is criss-crossed by streams and there are tumbling waterfalls and still lakes. The higher altitude of the plateau offered some much welcomed cooler temps from that of Nampula.

The Chawe mountain was a good hike in preparation for Kili, and it also offered some breathtaking views from Queen's View. I could have spent a week at this place. It is so majestic! Saturday night we stayed at the Sunbird Ku Chawe Hotel near the city of Zomba. On Sunday morning we did some light hiking to visit a couple of waterfalls, and then it was time to make the trek back to Nampula.

This is a great place to experience the great outdoors of Africa while getting a good cardiovascular workout. There are a large variety of birds and floral to see. Other wildlife include lots of monkeys, zebra, and even some leopards, although we didn't see any of the big cats.
YantiSoeparno says:
Congrats on being featured :D
Posted on: Aug 19, 2008
LelaLovesLife says:
Sounds like fun! And I'm happy you didn't have any close encounters with a leopard!!! ;)
Posted on: Aug 18, 2008