Sun, SPF and How Not to Get Burned

Costa Rica

Sun, SPF and How Not to Get Burned Reviews

ezwriter ezwriter
Sun, Snorkeling, SPF and How NOT to Get Burned Oct 24, 2009
*IMPORTANT TIP: if you have never been to Costa Rica, it is hard to explain how powerful the sun is. i was extremely cautious and OVERAPPLIED suncreen (SPF85 - no kidding) and STILL came home with a tan... that is, all tan with the exception of my "backside". that came home with a terrible burn - - why you ask? how did that special area get burnt while the rest of me did not? i underestimated - - dramatically - - the exposure the lower half of my body would have to the sun while snorkeling. DO NOT MAKE THIS MISTAKE! Apply a high SPF sunscreen to BOTH sides of your body, paying special attention to your backside. Reapply during lunch! SAVE YOURSELF! :)
ezwriter says:
Hi Sylvia - - Nutregena has an SPF 85 that is wonderful and that is what I used on MOST of me. It is called UltraSheer and it goes on nice and dry. Nothing worse than getting sunscreen in your eyes when you reapply at the beach - - which you should DEFINETLY do! Here is a link to the product on drugstore.com.

Posted on: Oct 30, 2009
sylviandavid says:
Yikes.... good advice... We are in far northern california and undoubtly would under apply. I'll have to look for your spf85: I found 55 and need to search again. Thanks for this review.... sylvia
Posted on: Oct 30, 2009