Sun Rover 2 day Camping Tour - Fraser Island

Fraser Island, Australia

Sun Rover 2 day Camping Tour - Fraser Island Reviews

d2amy d2amy
Wicked fun Jan 15, 2011
I did so much research about Fraser Island; I wanted the trip to be amazing and unforgettable, so when I finally found a tour that didn’t cost me an arm and a leg for I booked it right away, although it still costs 300 with the park fees for two days.

We were picked up from the transit terminal in Brisbane at 7am and arrived in Noosa around 9 or so. From there we drove Noosa’s Northern Beaches up to Rainbow and then over the ferry onto 75-mile beach. We stopped in Rainbow to have lunch, which was we had to pay for.

The first day we went to Lake Wobby, the shipwreck and the awesome creek. The second day was Lake Mackenzie.

Because we went so close to the flooding of Brisbane, there was basically nobody on Fraser, which was awesome. Also, because so much rain had come down, the camping was completely soaked and we lucked out enough and got to stay in our tour guide’s friend’s house, which was next to the locals. It basically made my trip that we got to chill out in a cottage on Fraser and have a blast and a wicked Barbie.

There is a lot of driving involved in the Fraser tour, especially if you leave from Brisbane, but it’s worth it. It’s the biggest sand island in the world after all.

Check Fraser Island Hotel Deals