Sumo

Sumo - Washbasin in the ladies toilet

Sumo Bergen Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Nice place, average food and lousy waiters Jun 10, 2011
Sumo is located in the centre of Bergen and is based on the traditional Japanese Ramen restaurants with soups and noodles. Their menu is Asian, Japanese and sushi. Dishes like fried rice, red curry, Thai noodles, Tom Yum soup, tepmura and teriyaki chicken are exsamles of this. The sushi menu is not very big. They have 10 different makis and 9 different nigeri/sashimi. Some of these choices can be combined in set menues. The dessert menu is a bit boring. With Crème Brûlée, ice cream, panacotta and chocolate fondant it does not reflect that it is an Asian/Japanese restaurant. They serves sake, but have no Japanese beer.

There is a bar section, a section with regular tables and a room in the back where you sit on cushions on the floor (with your legs under the table). The place is nice, but the food is only average and the service is quite rude.

I ordered a 14 piece sushi menu which also consisted of whale meat which I don´t eat. I asked if I could have salmon nigeri instead. Our waitress had to check with the chef first. This surprised me since salmon is the cheapest on the menu. Well, she never got back to me to confirm the change. When the sushi was served, two pieces were exchanged with halibut, so I asked if there had been a mistake. I was then told that I should be happy that they had changed anything at all. Usually they did not allow any changes to the set menus! As you can see on the photo, the presentation of the sushi was boring and very basic.

You will find a full menu including prices on: http://www.sincoas.no/

This is not my favourite place, but okay if you don´t mind rude waiters.

Opening hours: