Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Summerfest Milwaukee Reviews

jayans jayans
Jul 03, 2006
What have you planned to do this summer? Want to have some fun in Milwaukee? Mark your calendar for a trip around 4th of July. Yes... Summerfest in Milwaukee is the Largest Music Festival in the world. It is held on the 75 acres wide festival park along the lake front in Milwaukee. Wear your shorts/sandals, may be catch a little sun lying on the beach to keep your tan body cool, walk around drinking beer, eating fried egg plant and roasted corn, and generally whoop it listening to the bands and all sorts of music.

I love every summer in Milwaukee. Check out the photographs that I took in 2006 the last time I was there.

It doesn't matter what kind of music fan you are... Everything from jazz and country to hip-hop and hard rock—even accordions—make an appearance on at least one of the Summerfest stages. 500+ bands (big names and unknowns) play on 13 stages over 11 days each day beginning from noon till midnight and more. Full entertainment value guaranteed. It is such a great place for both the bands and the fans.

Admission to the festival ground is reasonable ($15 evenings and weekends, $8 weekdays). You can also find promotional offers. All shows are free with an admission ticket. But if you want to go for title acts at the Marcus Amphitheater, you will have to purchase those tickets separately. There are only limited free show passes given out each day to the shows held in Amphitheater . I recommend you reserve your tickets in advance. I watched Santana play in 2003 (I bought tickets) and Maroon 5/John Mayer play in 2004 (I got the free pass).

Find a stay in downtown, it’s easy to walk to the festival grounds. The hotels in Milwaukee aren't very expensive. You can find parking around the grounds if you are lucky, but be prepared for rush traffic, especially if you leave at midnight when the festival shuts down for the night. If you’re staying a little further out, your best bet might be to drive to one of the park-and-rides and catch a bus.

So what are you waiting for? I might be going there again this year. If you are making plans or if you want to make plans let me know.

~ j
homeres says:
i was at Summerfest this year, went to the Gavin DeGraw concert
Posted on: Aug 23, 2008
jayans says:
i might be going back to summerfest again this year. have not booked tickets yet. but almost ready menatlly.
Posted on: Mar 23, 2008
sincitytraveler says:
Oh man what great memories you brought back for me! I lived in Lake Geneva, WI from 1996-2001 and went to Summerfest every year! Now I'm thinking it's time to head back again this year.
Posted on: Mar 23, 2008