Summer In & Around Krakow

Krakow, Poland

Summer In & Around Krakow Reviews

WarrenRodwell WarrenRo…
Nov 03, 2007
Krakow in southern Poland is possibly best known internationally due to the movie "Schindler's List" which highlighted the plight of European Jews during World War II. The international airport is named John Paul II. Work that one out for yourself ;-}

During Summer 2006, I stayed about two weeks in Poland, travelling by train in from Prague and out to Berlin. Most of the time was in and around Krakow. In fact, I watched the World Cup Final (Italy versus France) on TV in an underground bar in Krakow. Of course, I also checked out the nowadays trendy Kazimierz Jewish district, Auschwitz-Birkenau, Wawel Castle, & Wieliczka Salt Mine underground.

Heading back towards Germany, I also enjoyed a few days in Wroclaw : the botanical gardens, the museum with panoramic ceiling (Raclawicka), & Tumskia Bridge. Time permitting, I will try separately to upload pictures of some of these delightful sights.

If I were to live in Europe, Poland would rate high as one of my choices because of its location, people, character & culture. The unpronounceable beer was rather delicious in moderation.I certainly have no complaints about the food either, though I tended to indulge mainly in kebabs and pizza.

Warren Rodwell

Copy & paste for more pictures:

www.panoramio.com/user/775695/tags/Poland%20Krakow

WarrenRodwell says:
Does this include ice cream? ;-}

Because I live in China, any western food tastes good because it is a real treat. But come to think of it; Turkish / Lebanese are my worldwide favourite cuisine(s).

WR
Posted on: Nov 03, 2007
kamja says:
nice review, but what about food? did you manage to try traditional one?
Posted on: Nov 03, 2007