Summer Hill Farm B&B Accommodation

Check Mornington Peninsula Hotel Deals

Summer Hill Farm B&B Accommodation Mornington Peninsula Reviews

Vanessa_Mun_Yee Vanessa_…
Farm life! Apr 03, 2011
It took us awhile to find this place. The map shown on the GPS was not correct. After arriving Mornington Penninsular’s Red Hill, it took us at least a extra half and hour to find this Bed and Breakfast! One will easily missed the turn as there weren’t any sign on the major junction where we should have turned. This Bed and Breakfast, like the name suggested, like a farm, it is very secluded. Some of the road we went on wasn’t even paved. However once we found it – Vo La La! Those really cute “come-and – hug-me” Alpacas were looking at us curiously and I think I saw some of them even smile at me!

After we have passed the tiny sign of “Summerhill Farm Bed and Breakfast” the unpaved road went on until we saw those alpacas (lots of snappy times) and continued on until we saw a big house! We were greeted by the host, a very friendly lady. She showed us where our room would be (which is one of the room in that big house, I think they live in the rooms behind us) after we have “checked in” and paid the balance, she totally left us alone.

One of the things I really like about this accommodation was – there are lots of lavenders in front of our porch! I couldn’t believe I would have lavenders where I stayed – though for only two nights, but that made me happy. And the other thing that excites me was those Alpacas and houses behind the house! I also like the big green field surrounded the house and some lemon and orange tress was a few steps away! What a paradise on earth!

We had a living room full of Victorian decorations and a huge dinning table which I think was overly decorated that made the space seems crowded. Another side of the living room was the love seat and a tiny TV.

The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean. There were enough amenities but as usual, we did not really use them except for the soaps. The bed sheets and linens were clean and soft.

Compare to those hotel accommodations in the city of Australia, this Bed and Breakfast has the real deal – you have almost a whole house to yourself (not the kitchen) for a very low price!

One complaint I did have was about the cleanliness of the entire unit. It seems like lots of dust and spider webs by the window and doors. I would have come back to this Bed and Breakfast.

I would still recommend this accommodation to people for the feel of farm living and price if they do not mine about the spider webs.
We had Edwardian Suite!