Sumaging Caves

Sagada, Philippines
Sumaging Caves - The entrance of cave...it look like hell!!!
Sumaging Caves - The water is so cold!!
Sumaging Caves - On the rock

Sumaging Caves Sagada Reviews

yasuyo yasuyo
Adventurous tour in the Caves! Mar 19, 2014
Sumaging cave tour is the best thing to do at Sagada. If you are going to there,don't missing to do it.

To go to inside of the cave,you have to hire a guide.

For a Sumaging cave 500php 1-5/a gorup (better a few people) and extra 70php for enter passport.

For Connection 400php/each (extra 70php or even more as this course going to some places).

You may say it's expensive,yes I thought at first. But woldn't feel it never after you had this tour,even you may want to pay more for a guide.

At the infomation center,you pay 70php for the enter fee,they will give you a ticket. You have to keep that ticket till enter of cave,a guide will ask you show them. The information center said,1 or 2 people would be fine even I wanted gather more people for make less payment. Because 500php for a group. I just followed her advice and it was good choice finaly. We went to the tour guide desk,then they call a guide for us.

We walked along the road about 20min,then arrived at the enter of connection. We didn't choose this course,he just brought us there showing it. It's a bit hard trekking. We along the road again,then arrived the Sumaging Cave.

The guide taking a lamp and lights our step,also packing our bottles of water(we brought)and bring my bag and camera. Yes,we needed our both hands. If it's a big group,I wonder that the light could be enough,also the guide could carry up our stuffs.

He supports us so well,where should we left our shoes,where should we put our foot,how goes down the rocks,what is the shape of rocks...etc. Sometimes his knee had to be stepping-stone for us. And taking our photos at some popular places.

We really enjoyed this tour,and it most impressed at our trip. I'd love to go back there one day again then will take same tour or "connection" next time. This adventure will be unforgettable experience of Sagada.
On the rock
The water is so cold!!
climb down wiht a rope
zeus5753 zeus5753
Incredible underground pools and cave system May 02, 2011
The Sumaging Caves are found in Sagada, Philippines, a small mountain town only really accessible by bus (or more painfully jeepney) from nearby bigger towns. We arranged a guide named Eddie Dapliyan out of Baguio. The tour company gave a bad rate so we would have preferred to pay Eddie directly but he did a FANTASTIC job. He was our personal guide around Sagada for two days. One of the days we went to the Sumaging caves early in the morning. It was hot but not too humid above ground but as we descent though the dark the temperature dropped and humidity rose. He provided gas lanterns so my headlamp was mostly useless. I was happy I had it a few times but make sure you keep it dry when you go swimming :-)

In the upper section of the caves the ceiling was very high and open. Soon after it leveled out to a place where most people took off their shoes. I was wearing Vibram FiveFingers so I opted to keep them on and it helped my traction a bit. It then dropped down lower and started to have running water and pools and typical but wonderful cave looking structures. We are of the adventurous type and had bathingsuits so Eddie took us a slightly extended route through more tight spaces and ended up in a small but very deep pool that I took a brisk and frightening swim in.

I wish we had had more time but the schedule wasn't in it for us. I understand that there are more caves that these ones link to so you can spend a while in there if you like. I do reccomend a guide though unless you are a very experiences caver.
jeaniebeth says:
i've been there once, its a great experience!
Posted on: Nov 29, 2014
lauro says:
ive been to sumaguing cave 5x!
Posted on: May 02, 2011

Related Travel Blogs About Sumaging Caves

Enchanting Sagada
After our Banaue adventure, the group decided to proceed to Sagada, another popular destination among local and foreign adventure seekers.  We definitely made the right decision as we were encha…Sumaging Cave , which is the most visited cave in Sagada.   It takes about 2 hours to tour…
4-Hour Caving and 2-Hour Trek to the Big Falls
The Caves of Lumiang and Sumaging Wake up call, 6:30am. Jo opened the window and we immediately felt the cool morning breeze of Sagada. ahhhh.. This is life... My bed is inviting me over to sle…Sagada several times, but this is my first time on a four-hour caving. Our entrance starts at the Lumiang cave that connects Sumaging

Check Sagada Hotel Deals