Sultan Ahmet Mosque

Istanbul, Turkey

Sultan Ahmet Mosque Istanbul Reviews

EmEm EmEm
What a Magnificent Mosque in the World! Apr 04, 2015
What is the first landmark to see in Istanbul after arrival? I guess you know the answer: Sultan Ahmet Mosque, also called the Blue Mosque due to its interior colour.

I came down the Divan Yolu Cd. and saw a mosque with six minarets. There was no doubt, it was the famous Blue Mosque! Coming closer through the gardens to the entrance I saw a long line of visitors waiting to get inside the mosque. When I approached the door I got two skarves to cover my head and legs, to be properly dressed for the sacred place. I got also a plastic bag to take my shoes with me.

Then comes the most impressive moment of all: I was inside of the most beautiful building I have ever seen in my life! I walked slowly around trying to absorb every detail on its walls. My feet felt all softness of the richly decorated carpet. Throught the painted glass windows the sunlight gave the special mystique to the place.

On the exit I placed skarves into a basket for it and gave a little donation for the maintenance of the mosque.

Since then I visit this mosque whenever I am back in Istanbul.
a view from the terrace of my hotel
anupa_rk says:
I agree! Beautiful place. I especially loved going there in the evening to see it all lit up and sit in the park surrounding the mosque.
Posted on: Jul 10, 2016
hightide says:
I hope I can visit soon
Posted on: Jul 09, 2016
Ils1976 says:
it is indeed a beautiful place!
Posted on: Jul 19, 2015