Sula vineyard

Nashik, India

Sula vineyard Nashik Reviews

motorcyclediaries motorcyc…
"Go get drunk at SULA Vineyard" Mar 06, 2011

The story began when my good friend decided to come down to India from Germany and we planned on touring the Himalayas on our bikes. the only problem was that during the same time, another dear friend of mine was to get married and I would have been crucified for my absence at her wedding.

So the genius in me decided to take Joern( my friend from Germany) along. And did we have the time of our lives or what!

The wedding was to happen at this place called Nashik in western India. So Joern, my other friends, and I decided to take a train to Nashik. This was Joern's first Indian wedding experience...........(I know the review is about Sula vineyard........but........don't tell me you don't want to hear how the big fat indian wedding was the reason why we all went to see the vineyard).

The moment we boarded the train, Joern, seeing two of my friends carry a two huge boxes of booze, tells me..."dude.....thats a lot of booze for one wedding."

he was wondering why all of us started grinning. After the journey he wasn't wondering anymore. All the booze he saw was simply for the overnight journey!

Our spirits ran low only when saw the last of the spirit bottle go empty. But by then we were about 20 mins from Nashik and the hosts there had organised a 24 hr bar for the wedding guests. the spirits started running pretty high again.

The wedding was this extraordinary affair, full of colours, indian wedding rituals, men and women dressed up in beautiful traditional outfits.......and last bust definitely not the least it was indeed full of alcohol. Back then i could actually hear my liver begging for mercy.

There was a lot of music, people going crazy on the dance floor,.......the best part was that even the bar, go along with the whole wedding theme was decorated amazingly well with flowers. those three days were coming to an end.......and so it was important for us not to abruptly stop the ongoing........

Some genius (i totally want him to get noble prize for the welfare of drinkers) stumbled upon a piece of information which we realized was at that time more important than man going to moon or not. That genius told us that only 20 Kms away was located the SULA Vineyard.

I have not seen even Brad pit enjoy the celebrity status that the genius alcohol secret provider, basically a life savior at that time, got.

Set in the beautiful landscape of Nashik, is the glorious Sula vineyard. I swear to you i have not seen so much alcohol at one place in my life ever.

and to go along with all that alcohol, the have a beautiful restaurant facing the vineyard which has an amazing selection of cheese, breads, bakes, chocolates and heaven knows what not. But then who wanted to sniff, swirl and sip.....after the indian wedding, we just wanted to drink it all up.

the vineyard even has an amazing resort in which one can rent out swanky rooms and enjoy wine tasting (wine guzzling in our case) for as long as he/she may want.

I personally liked the whole tour they give in which you can see the complete process of wine making from scratch to finish.

My advice: if you are travelling towards ajanta and ellora caves in western not miss the SULA Vineyard experience.

you'd love it.

(P.S: joern said after the whole Indian wedding and the SULA Vineyard experience...... "Man, the only reason this is not Oktober fest is that this is not happening in september and in germany."
Fun begins