Sukabumi is a city in West Java, Indonesia which is located 115 km from the south of Jakarta. The name of Sukabumi came from Sundanese, Suka-Bumen, means people who have visited Sukabumi would not like to leave it regarding to the sight and the cool weather it has.
There are several places that worth to visit, such as:
1. Selabintana, 7 km from Sukabumi. It has a beautiful scenery of Mount Gede/Gunung Gede-Pangrango and has a hotel which becomes an icon of Selabintana, a hotel that was the heritage from Dutch colonial.
2. National Park: Mount Halimun
3. Cidahu, Cicurug. It is located 90 km from Jakarta, 2.5 hours drive. It has a crater named Kawah Ratu. There are 7 waterfalls that you can reach by walk for about 1-2 hours. Along the footpath, you can see beautiful sights from the landscape; paddy fields, rivers, hills and valleys.
4. Ujung Genteng. It takes 3-4 hours drive from Sukabumi. It is a beautiful beach where you can see turtles laying eggs at night. Don't worry about the accomodation because there are many villas along the beach.
5. Situ Gunung. The area covers almost 100 ha where you can do tracking to Curug Sawer waterfalls, visit a beautiful lake there or stay overnight at several camping grounds (Tepus, Kalianda, Harendong, Tegal Arben or Bagedor). The camping grounds offers a wide variety of outbond activities to try.
Bogor is a small town about 60 kms south of Jakarta. It is considered a great escape from the hustle-and-bustle of the metropolitan Jakarta. Bogor can be an excellent one-day trip from Jakart…