Sugbutel Bed and Bath

Don Alfredo D. Gothong Centre Blvd cor. Road East North Reclamation Area Cebu City 6000.

Sugbutel Bed and Bath Reviews

lgeood03 lgeood03
Affordable hostel May 10, 2011
You should try Sugbutel Bed and Bath, a very nice place to stay. A very Nice and helpful staff.

I've stayed for 4 days in this hostel and I've never experienced any bad things. If ever I will go back to cebu I would probably go stay to this place. The place is near to pier going to bohol, a ride jeep going to Osmena, one ride going to SM Cebu and the famous CnT Lechon.
yheleen yheleen
Perfect for Backpackers and Travelers on Budget Dec 01, 2009
It was my first time to experience this kind of accommodation and it would have been more fun if I was with a group.

I had to try it for a good friend who was managing the hostel that time. He needed honest feedback for improvements and so I volunteered.

It's just a year old and it is very helpful for travelers on tight budget and for transit travelers.

It's just 250 pesos per person or $4 a night, really cheap. There's additional fee however for towel and blanket (around 50 pesos).

The beds were small, with individual safety boxes under the pillow and a shoe ledge. For every room, there are 8 beds. My concern that time was whether men and women are mixed (that wouldn't be comfortable especially for strangers). Good thing they have 420 beds so women are usually mixed together.

When I stayed there, I had the room to myself.

There's a centralized airconditioning and it was too cold for me (didn't have control over the temperature).

The place was really clean, I have to give them that and the toilet and bath as well. Since it's dorm type so facilities are shared including the comfort rooms. There's the entertainment lounge with home theater system and wireless internet connection is free which is really awesome.

What is great in Sugbutel is its 24-hour security with CCTV cameras. They also have secured storage rooms and lockers and for sure, things are safe there. This is one of the hostel's pride. Security and cleanliness.

The staff are courteous as well and very friendly (or maybe they were friendlier to me that time because of my friend? hehe)

The hostel is very near the pier (ideal for those going to Bohol)and SM mall is just a walking distance.

It's a great value for your money considering it's just 250 pesos.

When you're in groups of 4 or more and you want to spend money on traveling and less on hotels, this place is a must visit.

With Sinulog Festival coming in January, I bet the hostel is almost fully booked now. Too bad, my friend has migrated to Canada already - it would have been great to try the hostel again, this time with more friends with me.
the beds
geek_goddess_jolie says:
Nice review Yheleen :) Would've loved to try this hostel, if they only had private rooms for 4-6 people...(like some hostels in other countries.)

Am going to Sinulog this year though with my family so a place like this was not an option :(
Posted on: Jan 03, 2010