Sucrée

Manila, Philippines

Sucrée Manila Reviews

the_bloodsucker the_bloo…
Sucrée's Sweet Secrets Mar 10, 2008
Sucrée is cafe-bakery that specializes in cakes with lyrical labels such as Melania Meringue and Caramela, along with classic favorites such as Tiramisu, Torte and (my bigtime favorite) Oreo Cheesecake!

But what amazes me most is how creative they have been in creating names for their products. Who would think DAN'S DEVASTATION, FERTILITY, CLEOPATRA and VIRGINITY are actually names of cakes?!

Oh yeah, names are just icing on the cake (figuratively, of course) but their taste are not to be ignored.

Being a sucker for chocolates, I tried Dan's Devastation first. It's got moist layers of chocolate sponge filled with silky chocolate mousse and cream filling, lavishly covered with wicked chocolate ganache and topped with bittersweet chocolate. Perfect! I had another slice to go. =D

In my attempt to find an answer why such a name was given, I gave Virginity a shot. It's almost as virginal as white in color (pristine, actually), a sponge cake perfumed in vanilla with the lightest layer of dulce de leche. Truly, while this cake is divine in color, there's nothing virginal about it in taste.

I am crazy for mangoes, but not necessarily on cakes. But it's look was so inviting to resist, and Sucree has not faild me on my first two "sweet" engagement with them, I felt it was time to give Mango Japanaise a try. It's got thin layers of meringue layered with mango buttercream and fresh ripe mangoes with as sparkling of walnuts. Wow! I guess there's no stopping now! This shop is so amazing that never fails to call out to my taste buds.

I will surely be a regular at Sucree! Next on my list are Phantom of The Opera and Orange Rum Bundt Cake. ;-)

LOCATION: Pedro Gil cor. Adriatico St.,

Ermita Manila

TELEPHONE: (632) 415-0943
SoloSister says:
I feel fat just looking at it.
Posted on: Mar 10, 2008
the_bloodsucker says:
thanks for the comments and smiles, guys! =D
jen: sure. visit my office and i will treat you at sucree.
chad: average of USD2.50 per slice.
byiang: why not? go home and i will treat you at sucree, too.
mfmcp: thanks.
marit: oh yeah, it's worth a try.
cvok: you won't regret it.
jerri: they are =D
pearl: sure, you can have everything. =D
Posted on: Mar 02, 2008
Pearl510 says:
Oh mmmm, I adore cheesecake :D Can I please have a piece ;)
Posted on: Mar 02, 2008