Andrews, North Carolina

Subway Andrews Reviews

ahtibat17 ahtibat17
Eat fresh... but not fast. Apr 07, 2010
I wouldn't normally write a review about a fast food restaurant, but since this was my worst Subway experience ever, I feel like venting.

Already in a hurry, I didn't want to have to stand in line, but as it was, I was the ninth person back. (We didn't have another option -- it was this Subway or go hungry). The girl was a little dingy filling the orders: tomatoes, lettuce, black olives, salt and pepper. But, by the time she got around to the s & p, she'd forgotten what the last item was, so the woman had to call the person back that she was getting the order for. By this time, four people had left, so I had moved up in line. The next guy wanted a pizza; she didn't know where the pizza shells were. Finally, I got to place my order -- Dad's cold cut combo on homey oat and my garden salad -- except she didn't know where the salad bowls were. (In the meantime, she's also talking to her friend, who is texting another friend for her.) I have her make my salad with everything. I figure that would be easier and I'd just pick out what I didn't want than to have her try to remember what I wanted). This girl really made customers feel like they were an inconvenience to her.

Another lady handled the check-out. Now, I understand things move at a slower pace in the South. That's one thing I like about it. But this check-out experience was pushing the limit. First of all, she couldn't grasp that I was one person but I had two items. We get that straightened out, and the one good thing about this was they were giving out free cookies. And, since I'd gotten two items, I got two cookies, so I chose double chocolate chip for myself and oatmeal raisin for Dad. But, as luch would have it, she had to go find more cookie bags, and then she'd forgotten what cookies I wanted.

This whole process took practically a half-hour, much too long if you ask me for a carryout lunch in the middle of the afternoon. And, I love Subway salads, but this one was mediocre, at best.

This Subway probably isn't a destination for travelers; we were in town, in this strip mall to load some equipment.
osgoodst says:
subway is getting a lot of play on travbuddy lately, is it an antisubway conspiracy?
Posted on: Apr 08, 2010
loves-vegas says:
Wooow what a terrible service :S Half hour waiting i would walk away...:)
Posted on: Apr 07, 2010

Related Travel Blogs About Subway

Nishi Nippori
We departed on the subway to Nishi-Nippori. We are now becoming old hands at the subway and even had to change to the JR line to get there. Very easy.We wanted to do a walk recommended by the Lonely …subway back home. Andrew was finishing work early (ie. 9pm) so we arranged to meet him at a small restaurant…
Day 1 (August 1st)   We had a taxi booked to take us from our house in Blackpool to Manchester Airport. Cost was £75 return. It’s a bit expensive, but it saves struggling with carrying bags…subway back to the hostel – still no sign of Andrew’s towel, although 2 blue towels have been left instead…
The Big Reunion
Arriving in Seoul went smoothly and immigration was a breeze.  With no sign of Andrew I sat outside for ten or so minutes, breathing in my first breathes of Korean air. It was cold though probab…Andrew (the groom to be) arrived and we were on our way finally. The subway journey was long…

Check Andrews Hotel Deals