EuropeItalyRomeRome Tips

Rome, Italy

Study Abroad Italy Rome Reviews

Eric Eric
Feb 02, 2006
If anyone is interested in studying abroad, I'd definitely recommend Italy. I studied abroad in Rome for 4 months and had a great time. The people can be a little rude, but you can't beat the history that Rome offers. I went abroad through the University of California Education Abroad Program (UC EAP), but there were many other universities that offered similar program to Rome. The tuition might even end up being cheaper than your normal university. Even if you don't speak any Italian, many study abroad programs offer introductory language courses.Another thing to consider when studying abroad in Italy is the type of experience you want. If you study abroad in a smaller city and stay with a family, you're more likely to get an immersive experience. Conversely, if you study abroad in a big city like Rome, it might be easier to just hang out with the international students and not soak up the culture as much.
Obelisk in Piazza San Pietro -- wh…
The Italian countryside.
acova says:
Hi Eric. I'm going to be in the UC Rome program in the Fall. I have soo many questions but how is the course load at UC Rome? I heard its a tough program. I'm a history major so I'm going to take some upper division classes there. I don't want to be studying my whole trip. How did you deal?
Posted on: May 01, 2010