Studio 6

020 7385 1165

Studio 6 London Reviews

sarahelaine sarahela…
Studio 6 Jun 28, 2010
Studio 6 is a pleasant restaurant in Gabriel’s Wharf, London. It is a good place to get some nice food, and seems to be a little quieter than the busy chain restaurants along the river, despite being nicer. I can only assume that this is because it is slightly further away from the river.

The food is a little on the complex side, featuring things like pomegranate and barley salsa which really, to be honest, didn’t appeal on a weeknight. I might have been more adventurous if I had company (weird, I know, but if it had turned out to taste weird I could have pinched something else from my friend!). Luckily, there were a few more familiar dishes on the menu so I had wild mushroom tortelloni. It was really nice, really well cooked with nice ingredients.

Service was a little erratic, which I think was because the heat had brought a lot of people down onto the river and it was very busy. The waitress was very nice but it sometimes took a bit of effort to get her attention. The location itself is very good, close to the river but set a little way back amongst artist studios and shops. Prices were totally reasonable – there is a 10% service charge added to the bill though. I normally tip a little above 10% if the service is nice, but not if they have already added it to the bill.

I may well go back, because the food was great and it isn’t their fault I was hot and grumpy, and so was almost everyone else.

Check London Hotel Deals