Stuart Cove's Dive Bahamas

(242) 362-4171

Stuart Cove's Dive Bahamas Nassau Reviews

Vindex_Injuriae Vindex_I…
Bahama's Diving Apr 13, 2010
Dove at Stuart Cove's April 2010 on the "White Bungi" dive boat. Was the first dive for my wife after her certification a few days before & she couldn't be any happier! The service & courtesy of the staff was superb and the diving equipment was all in good condition, boats were excellent & the shop was very nice. Transportation from our cruise ship was provided by the shop, they were timely & the bus was clean & comfortable. The dive sights were both good, one was a reef wall with depths starting about 30' & the other a shallower "bowl" with reef surrounding it. Both had good coral & sea life. The staff photographer took some great pictures of us diving, she joined our group and the shop posts the pictures for later sale if you want them. Overall a top notch outfit & would easily recommend.
lilredhead611 lilredhe…
Scuba diving excursion Jul 16, 2008
I am a novice scuba diver, having only 6 dives under my belt before diving with Stuart Cove's. I booked a 2-tank AM dive prior to my trip to the Bahamas. The online booking system is very useful, and the vouchers you need are emailed so you can print them at home or from your accomadations. The establishment is very well organized. The entire set-up allows for everything to flow with great ease prior to and after your diving trip.

The dive cost $89 USD with the online booking and rental equipment cost $22 USD (plus the exchange rate which I did not find out until I got my credit card bill). All previous dives I had done the equipment was included with the price of the dive, so I learned next time I go to the Bahamas - pack less clothes, bring own scuba gear.

The dives were very nice. I completed dives at two sites, "Wreck on the Wall" and "Nari Nari". The conditions were slightly choppy and the water was not as clear as I expected it to be. I also did not see as much marine life as I expected. "Nari Nari" is supposed to be an excellent site to see stingrays, but we didn't see one. We go to the sunken Cessna plane used in the filming of a JAWS movie. The dives themselves were not the best that I have been on, but Stuart Cove's can't control the ocean or the marine life. Hit and miss, this time I missed.

There was a photographer that traveled with the group. The photos are developed at sold at Fin Photo, which is on-site at Stuart Cove's. The pictures were very nice but to be honest, I felt they were very expensive. I paid $108 USD (before exchange rate, again the credit card) for 13 pictures. I was able to select only my pictures and received a CD in the mail about 3 weeks later. ALL of the previous dives I had done the photo CD was MUCH cheaper. You did get all the photos taken, so you got pictures of people you didn't know. Each time however, stock footage was added. One dive I completed in Maui I received 95 pictures for less than I paid at Fin Photo.

I would dive with Stuart's Cove again. However, I would bring my own equipment and maybe invest in my own underwater camera.
My dad and I scuba diving off the …
ssgtmarine95 ssgtmari…
A wonder shark dive adventure May 15, 2008
I had decided to take a dive trip with Stuart Cove's operation down in Nassau, Bahamas.

I didn't really know what to expect at first and my first thought was "will we really get to see anything to really remember"? Boy was I in for a surprise. I didn't have a travel buddy as I was on my own, so I just hooked up with the first person I met. Nothing special, he needed a dive partner as well.

We arrived at our destination and the water was such a perfect clear blue and the temp couldn't have been any better. The whole trip was awesome....flawless!!

Once we entered the water, at that moment, I knew this would be one of the most spectacular dives I had been on. Were there sharks? OH YEAH!!! Many of them. We decended to approx 35 - 45 feet and made a large circle on the sandy bottom. Then the feeder setup right in the middle of us with the "chum" to draw the sharks in. You could tell they were used to this as they came like bandits.

The entire time down, they had a diver with a cam to record the event and was sure to get everyone on the recording. We were able to get many great pictures of the activity and enjoy the sharks making passes so close they would actually touch the lines from your tank to you octapus. I did find out that the flash from my camera would actually attract them (or maybe it was just a coincidence) but on a couple pics, they were so close you could only see the underside of their skin as they passed over me.

After the feeding and on the way assending we came across 2 baracuda in the rocks, and the cam diver recorded this as well. What an amazing creature and it actually looked like a green velvet hand puppet.....with TEETH, many of the little needle sharp things!!!

We arrived back at the dive shack and they had already put the tape in the recorder and we were watching our dive!!!

I just had to buy on of the tapes as I knew I may not experience this adventure again for quite some time. The tape cost me $40.00 (expensive) but well worth it. I still have it, but have also transferred it to a DVD.

Would I recommend this trip, You Betcha'
Shaon Shaon
Scuba Diving! Jun 10, 2008
Here I tried Scuba Diving first time ever. I did the "Discover Scuba Course" for $130. The place was amazing and very well organised and it was really beautiful! We went straight to the ocean and did our lessons in the boat. After like 30 minute orientation we put our gears on and jumped in the ocean. First we did some skills with a teacher one-on-one and then about 30 minute dive around the area. There was an old shark cage and a plane in the bottom of the ocean! It was just amazing! And there was some corals and fishes of corse.. Water was just clear blue and we could see like more than 20m ahead! Water temperature was also just perfect, it was so warm that you could just enjoy everything you see and not suffer of cold water or anything. It was just perfect, money well spend!:D
Stuart Cove Dive Bahamas divecente…

Check Nassau Hotel Deals