Strawberry Picking - Petik Sendiri

Lembang, Indonesia

Strawberry Picking - Petik Sendiri Lembang Reviews

pearcetoyou pearceto…
Strawberry Picking Aug 13, 2011
Strawberry farms are aplenty along the road when you’re traveling around the volcano crater area outside of Bandung, Indonesia. If you want to get some strawberries it’s hard to say which farm to choose; just look for the most fruitful, I guess.

The one we stopped at was a bit different than what I was accustomed to back home. All the plants were actually growing from containers above the ground. The strawberry fields at home are always planted directly into the ground. But having them planted in their own container certainly makes it much easier to pick.

I’m assuming that most farms around here have strawberries already packaged to sell (the one we were at did), but if you pick your own they’re a little cheaper. And picking them is half the fun, anyway. They provide you with a basket and scissors and then you can go anywhere you like in the strawberry field to find the best pickings. It’s about 2USD for a pound (I’m guessing on that, but it should be close) if you pick your own.

It doesn’t take long to fill your basket; the strawberries are abundant and look pretty good. They also tasted very good. There are also people selling other fruits and produce at the entrance; we bought a container of raspberries because I didn’t see any farms for picking your own raspberries.
Asri picking!