Strawberry Days

1700 Grand Avenue, Glenwood Springs, CO, USA

Strawberry Days Glenwood Springs Reviews

bkretzer bkretzer
Wonderful time in a beautiful town Jun 19, 2004
Strawberry Days is held every June (3rd weekend, I believe, but don’t hold me to it) in Glenwood Springs. It is the oldest civic festival in Colorado, with the first Strawberry Days being conducted in 1898.

Ground Zero for most of the events is Sayre Park, which is called Strawberry Park of the duration of the festival. The main events begin Friday night with a carnival and rodeo. Saturday is the main event, featuring a parade, and then a free Strawberry Ice Cream social. There are many exhibitors selling a variety of crafts and foods at the park. There are various performers and events going on at the park all afternoon and evening. The conclusion of the rodeo is Saturday night. Sunday begins with a pancake breakfast and the Strawberry Shortcut Race. The carnival is here all day as well.

If you come from out of town arrive early and park your car near Sayre Park. You will end up spending most of your day there. Glenwood Springs is a pretty easy place to walk, and the distance from downtown to Sayre Park is a bit over a mile. Sayre Park is on Grand Ave (the main drag) south of I-70.

We had a great time watching the parade and then checking out all of the vendors in the Park. We parked our car and didn’t touch it again until it was time to leave. I walked to downtown and walked around some of the shops there too. We were only there for Saturday afternoon, but even without seeing any event except the parade we didn’t feel like we missed anything.
This was a float in the Parade. Th…

Check Glenwood Springs Hotel Deals