Stratosphere Hotel Casino and Tower

Stratosphere Hotel Casino and Tower Rates and Deals

Stratosphere Hotel Casino and Tower Las Vegas Reviews

JessicaNyquistLA JessicaN…
Affordable hotel along the strip Jan 18, 2016
I stayed here for two nights. We happened to go on a day where there was a convention going on in Vegas, and so all the hotels along the strip had skyrocketing rates. The rooms themselves were average. The hotel is located at the end of the strip, and so it's a bit further away from the main action which wasn't too much of a problem. One thing I really liked about the Stratosphere was that they have rides on top of the hotel although the rides are not included in the price. The tickets were a bit on the spendy side. They have roller coasters, and rides that shoot you up into the area which I thought was really fun. I rode the rides several times. They also have some shopping areas inside the hotels which I liked. I also did quite a bit of walking along the strip to get down to the other hotels. Traffic on the strip, at times, can be horrendous so we decided to walk. If your looking for cheap, affordable rooms go to the Stratosphere. If your looking for a luxury hotel, this isn't really the place to go. Only thing I didn't like was how far away it was from some of the other hotels. It is at the very end. But overall, it was a pretty good stay.
emmytravel emmytrav…
Stratosphere Oct 10, 2013
The rooms are average. The claim to fame is the Top of the World Restaurant and the 108 & 109 observation deck floors.

The view was fabulous. The tower rotates 360 degrees in 1 hour 20mins. From my seat I could see part of the 'jumpers' platform, cables and legs so I knew when they were preparing to launch. I got a great photo of one in mid jump! Steak was really one of the best, tender as could be! Sweet potatoe succotash was creamy and delicious. Dessert for me was the red velvet cake surrounded by a casing of white chocolate with dark chocolate spears. My sister had the Banana's Foster, both were great, but I think Bananas Foster was better than Red Velvet. Although NOT busy at 330pm the service was less than it should have been. Staff did not seem to listen or maybe was a memory issue. I was asked what kind of wine I wanted - none - I was offered water, no soda or coffee mentioned. I asked for coffee later and had to catch staff to refill coffee. (inattentive staff). My sister was not shown the wine bottle, label, did not have a sample poured to sniff and sample (something I'm unfamiliar with, but she expects in a restaurant of this class and something I saw done at another table). Ground pepper was requested and never delivered, so the staff got less of a tip than they might have expected. Our expectations weren't met and I imagine the tip did not meet their expectations either.
Stratosphere jumper Guess he didn…
stratosphere night view 109 floor
stratosphere view from the Top of …
huibdos huibdos
Jun 12, 2013
Big hotel, easily recognisable beacause of the big tower.

Valet parking and self park. Self park brings you in a huge shadowy parking garage with a bridge to the casino (and the hotel as well)

We had to queue up for checking in, 5 staff were working on it, it was a rush hour.

Our room was in the North tower. We could have upgraded it for a room with a view.

Staff is correct and friendly.

Basic room, clean where it has to be, two lovely beds, no fridge, no coffee machine, no free Wifi but hey, yo are not supposed to be on your room anyway.

An airco unit in the room, not very comfy blowing straight over the bed.

Free admission to the tower!!

Half price admission to the hotel shows!!

Restaurants to choose from for breakfast and lunch/dinner from cheap to expensive.

All is done to give you a good time.
Basic room
good sanitary part
bigdan19024 bigdan19…
Cant beat the price!! Sep 15, 2013
I stayed here for a scheduled two nights, but bumped it up to a third because we had such a great time!!

It is at the far end of the Strip, which is its only main 'con' that I found. The cab ride to the 'main parts' is about 5 mins, but can be more with traffic.

However, the ameneties at the hotel are practically enough where you wouldnt want to leave. The restaurants, shows, and especially the sky bar and its views are second to none! They even have crazy roller coasters at the top.

I have seen this hotel advertised as much as 1/4 of the cost of other 'big' hotels, but (like I said) its only because of it being far away from others.

Recommended for a couples getaway, or if you are doing just a day or two to clear your head.

The pool is nice too.

Cheers.
silparshetty silparsh…
Stratosphere is a dull place May 12, 2013
this appears great on the net with its 107th floor lounge etc but it was very dull; absolutely nobody there on a Friday night. The hotel itself is somewhat detached from the strip. The only plus is the thrill rides and Sky-ride jump from the tower for about $110. Most crowds were elderly. Not a place to hang out in Vegas. General amenities are good though. It seems past it's prime. Would recommend staying further up the strip. The casino also did not have the buzz that you would generally expect.
Africancrab Africanc…
Incredible Price for a great Room with a view!! Apr 29, 2012
Recently I returned to Las Vegas with my family to celebrate my sister's 28th birthday. My sister came to the United States from Uganda to visit with me and help me heal after the birth of my son Alexander. I promised I would give her a surprise for her birthday; the Las Vegas trip. Prior to the travel, my husband and I, decided to bid on a hotel off the strip on Priceline.com

Having used Priceline on many occasions and got the price I wanted, I was confident we would get something decent since we needed 2 separate rooms for 2 nights. My husband jumped on Priceline 4 days before our travel and was surprised when he got his bid for $30/ night. Even more surprising was the hotel he got; the Stratosphere Hotel. We both were ecstatic about the price. Now this price did not include the resort fees. For those who do not know, all hotels on the strip are considered resorts and do charge an extra $7 or more a day for resort fees. For the Stratosphere it was $7 a day per room which technically meant our rooms cost $37/night. Still very reasonable considering their regular price is over $75 a night.

We arrived in the afternoon having driven from the Grand Canyon where we had spent the previous night. Check in was pleasant and quick. We were given the 9th floor, 2 rooms opposite each other. My husband and I took the room facing the strip, with a great view. We took 2 queen beds because we traveled with Alexander who is only 3 months and he had to sleep next to Mum (smile). The room was incredibly clean and warm with deep blood red bed accent covers. My sister and daughter occupied the room across from ours. It had the view of the south eastern part of Vegas, with the highways in the distance. By night, they were able to see the many car headlights, while we saw the beautiful lights from the hotels and casinos on the strip.

The bathroom had the necessary amenities including 4 big towels, 2 hand towels, 4 wash clothes, a set of body wash, body lotion, and shampoo. 4 water cups and an Ice bucket stood next to the hair dryer that hang to the right of the hand sink. The room was equipped with a HD TV with all national channels; Wifi was available for $11.50 a day, closet (which was rather small), a lounge chair and computer table by the window. I thought the price to access the internet was rather high, but then again this is Las Vegas, a big tourist trap. I must have visited it too many times and I’m beginning to notice things like $11 for accessing the internet for a day.

All in all, this was a decent room, for a low price. Highly recommended, for families with children, business professionals, couples, friends as well as lone travelers.

"Travel is an exciting and adventurous passion, it is quite expensive but the reward outweighs the expense. If you can afford it, do it!" Africancrab.
Africancrab says:
Thanks for taking time to read it Jacques
Posted on: May 23, 2012
westwind57 says:
Very good and detailed review! :)
Posted on: May 23, 2012
Africancrab says:
You should, Priceline does work like magic.
Posted on: May 17, 2012
kat307 kat307
Great hotel! May 04, 2012
Was really pleased with what we got for our money here as I found a great deal on Expedia for this hotel. The beds were very comfy, the staff were fantastic and very helpful and well mannered. We also dined in the pizza place and the 50's diner and enjoyed the food and service at both. We didn't use the pool, but had a walk round the pool area and it was really nice. I think the main thing that lets this hotel down is the location. It's right at the far end of the strip so you're not in the middle of the action (or could be a good thing if you want to escape the busy strip!) and it's a decent 15 minute walk before you get into the thick of the strip. That being said, there is a bus stop right outside the hotel and you can get a bus down the strip or to Fremont Street. The room could have benefitted by having a fridge as we did not get breakfast included and would have been nice to store milk for our own cereal etc. Other minor complaints myself and my friend had were cigarette burns in the throw on the bed and dust on the carpet. Overall I had a pleasant stay and would recommend this place for the great value.
gius31 gius31
200 $ for 5 night!!!!! Jul 14, 2011
I was at the Stratosphere From 4/08 to 04/13

The entire staff was pleasant from the Fron Desk staff to the House-Keeps always greeting me in the hallways and making sure I had everything I could want or need during my stay there.

Check in was smooth and the Front Desk agent was polished and informitive answering all my questions and telling me about the many things going on at the Stratosphere.

I stayed in one of their new remolded Select rooms.

The room it's self was modern in decor and very clean (espically the bath room)

It has 2 flat screen TV's. Beds extra soft nice and comfy with a great view of the Vegas strip. I did like the fact that the hotel was at the other end of the strip, it was less crowded yet close enough to all the things the Vegas stip has to offer with out the huge crowds.

There was even a Starbucks in the hotel so you Starbucks loves can get your daily fix.

The casino was a great place for gambling with lots of choices and never a dull moment. I had no trouble finding people walking around offering me drinks. The bartenders were fast and friendly as well.

The hotel has a great dining selection, you can go to the buffet and with your ace card get 35% off, the buffet is certainly not the Wynn buffet but it still has a really good selection of food for a cheaper price. They also have a restaurant in the tower, I didn't go there but I met up with some people who really enjoyed their dining experience there. Finally, they have a pizzeria, McDonalds, Roxy's diner type food, and an Italian restaurant so you really can't go wrong.

free parking

I will be there again soon!!! ciao
ccjbeachbum ccjbeach…
its a fun place Mar 20, 2011
The stratosphere was a regular hotel choice for me for years and i always love going back there . let me get my one negative out of the way.the casino is in the middle of everything sounds good no . the strip is 1 mile away and downtown fremont is 1 mile away.there is nothin around the stratosphere.now its a fun place as you walk in theres the nice size casino and the rooms are pretty nice/not top end but nice and clean.when there you must go by roxys diner and get a milk shake they are the best and while your enjoying your milk shake the waiter or waitress will be singing .there is alot of talent in las vegas.the stratosphere is almost 1,200 ft high and you must go up to the top of the world its so beautiful at night .the city is all lit up.now for the good part lol you can try the sky jump from the 108 floor where you walk out on a narrow platform and plunge 855 feet woo hoo lol ok maybe thats not for you then try x-scream it extents you over the ledge looking down 108 storys lol they also have many shops like a mini mall or you can catch a show.maybe the american superstar its a impersonators of elvis presley - michael jacksom - britany spears its a nice show and they are talented. or see BITE a topless show with seductive vampires.alot of times they will give you tickets to the american superstars. they have specials on www.vegas.com great for booking vegas .i forget if its mondays or tuesdays at around 11 at night alot of the motown singers come and perform in the lounge.they just show up . either way its a fun place and alot of times i get rooms there for 14 to 30 a night.thats not a mis-print www.vegas.com great deals happy travels
demsters demsters
A good weekend deal for poker players Apr 21, 2011
Weekends are always expansive in Vegas, but if you play 4h of poker a day (per room, so 2 persons=2h a day each), you have a room at Stratosphere Tower for 50$ per day on weekends (that's about 60%off). With taxes and fees, it has cost me 124$ for 2 weekend days. You will not find that anywhere else. (read my Riviera review for tips on weekdays)

They have the same deal at 25$ per day sunday to thurday. But Riviera or Circus-Circus gives you a room for about 30$ on weekdays, so if you dont like poker that much, stay at Riviera or Circus-Circus.

The only problem is that the poker room does'nt seem to know about those promotions. So you have to be wiser than them.

1) You take the players card as soon as you arrive (aceplay)AND keep it away from cellphones, I-Pods and even credit cards, cause it may erase what's on the card. (I think it's cheap on purpuse, so you risk not to be able to prove you played 4h a day. So be carefull with those cards)

2) DONT GO TO REGISTRATION - Go to the VIP registration. That's where they will be aware of your player rate, and they might book you a better room and other privilleges cause you are a VIP.

3) At the poker room, you make sure that they swipe the card when you start to play, and that they swipe it out when you stop to play (their system is weird, probably on purpose, hoping you will miss the 2nd swipe and that they will be able to charge you full price for the room.

3) When you leave, again, dont go to registration. Go to VIP check-out. That's where they will rapidly validate your play and charge you the right amount.

That's pretty much it.

Luc
CFD says:
great reviev
Posted on: Jun 05, 2011
suprman suprman
Affordable Decent Hotel and Tower view of surrounding area Apr 12, 2011
I only spend one night here (transfer to Treasure Island next day). It cost $55 (rate discounted) which wasn't too bad but this also depends on room type and day of booking. As a guest, you get free pass to the tower top and 2 for 1 ticket for your friends. I recommend going up during the day and night. I can't remember if discounts apply for rides/bungee jump. There's free bag storage at Bell Desk after check-out. The staff were friendly and the concierge help me book a last minute tour to see Red Rock Canyon. The room was clean and nothing overly fancy since it's only rated as 3.5 star. I would recommend this hotel for short stay because it is located at the end of the Strip, between old Vegas. That was the only drawback for me.
Tower (duh)
Night view from tower top
Day view from tower top
katiee katiee
Affordable, Quiet[er], not too busy Apr 16, 2011
Stayed in the "Strat" for four days, was clean, not as many people around as there is in the main strip, probably due to its location. Its somewhere between the main strip and the down town strip.

Food was good in the diner, only really ate in there tbh when in the hotel anyway. Large portions [after all it is vegas] excellent service apart from one waitress who took my order wrong but was quickly rectified.

Pool is quite big, not that deep though only 3ft one end 4 ft the other.

Didnt go on the rides as they looked a little too high for me haha! but there was always someone on them.

We used the Tour desk and the man behind there was very helpful and friendly. We booked a bus tour to Hoover Dam and he explained everything proficiently.

Drinks are priced averagely for the area, if you put $10 in the machine you get a fee drink! Spirits are about $8 [at time of stay] but if you put the $10 in the machine you get a little fun out of it too, even if you dont win!

Costs about $20 to get to the main strip in a taxi, so if you would prefer to go to the main strip every day I wouldnt recommend it if theres only a few of you. Closer to Downtown Vegas though [about $12-$15 in a taxi] and I much prefered it that end too!

If I went to Vegas again though I'd probably stay in down town vegas on Fremont Street.
divermedic911 divermed…
High Sights & Comfy Suites Aug 30, 2011
For starters, this is a Vegas casino & hotel. What could be wrong with it? :) Nothing!

On arrival, it took me a minute to remember that I'm in Vegas; i.e., every hotel has a casino. Once I got passed that idea, the service was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Checking in a little early, I got an upgrade to a full suite.

The room was fantastic! Little big for one person, but I managed. haha Stayed here for the EMS Conference. They have a free-fall ride and a roller coaster ride at the top of the Tower. There is a great view of the Strip from up top in the viewing deck. It requires a walk up to the elevator, which is free to those staying at the Stratosphere; have your keycard ready. Also be aware that there is a screening much like the airport. So leave your metal objects in your room.

Parking is free, and there is PLENTY of it! However, if you are using the parking on Friday or Saturday nights, be prepared to walk, regardless.

The location of the Stratosphere is at the far north end of the Strip, so expect a hike to any of the other casinos or attractions along the Strip.
jkyjuly jkyjuly
Affordable Great Hotel! Apr 15, 2011
I stayed over this hotel during my srping break and got a great deal by booking online ahead of time!

*The place is of great value considered its service and price. u can get a double room for at lowest as $200 for THREE nights!

*It is located closely to the strip and some other big casinos and clubs!It has a club at the top of tower. Great experience sipping on a drink and looking over the city at night.

*Plus it is very easy to travel around from the hotel. U can actually catch a bus or train the whole time if you are on a tight budget!

* The place is really clean and nice.

* It has a swimming pool! do some some tanning at the water is really a must-do in Vegas

* If you've got the guts, try the free-felling by jumping off the tower!
hayley499 hayley499
good hotel bad location Jan 22, 2011
This hotel is great rooms are large with great beds and good sized bathrooms.the hotel has two pools one for adults only where anything goes, and another for everyone plenty of sunbeds good pool bar food was good a little pricey thou.has a tower with amazing views at the top of the tower there are rides and a bungy drop and a bar we had a cocktail at top of tower while taking in the view of las vegas. The hotel allso has a large casino and a choice of resturants. The location is right at the end of the strip and is preety crap however the buses run up and down the strip day and nite. I would stay at this hotel again.
great rooms comfy large beds
HuBison says:
Yes, once the weather breaks, I hear the happening thing is to have these adult pool parties where women are free if they are topless and the guys have to pay $50. I go to Vegas annually and am going to have to be sure I avoid these pool parties.
Posted on: Mar 24, 2011
kirik87 kirik87
Good place for the money May 03, 2011
We stayed here on a visit to vegas. The rooms are good for the money we paid. We had taken the premier room which was supposed to have a good view, but the view sucked so I would advice you to take the delux room if you are looking for something cheaper and wont be missing out on anything. for the 2 hrs we were in the room, it was good :). Staff were courteous to requests and during check IN/OUT
frivolousat25 frivolou…
Cheap stay Apr 10, 2011
This place is on the end of the strip and is not really a great place. The top most floor looks fun, but there are much much better places. This hotel offers a lot of discounts but the distance from the action on the strip makes it unappealing. Would definitely suggest getting a hotel much more closer to the middle of the strip.
gina27 gina27
Affordable and close to the sites Mar 28, 2011
Overall a great stay, clean and friendly staff and close enough to the strip and downtown vegas. Cheap to book and quiet location.

Easy to reach the attractions and close to mono-rail.
mia2010 mia2010
Good price, decent hotel. Mar 06, 2011
Check out and check in was very fast and organized. Room was OK, nothing fancy but was clean and well organized for the price it was good. Location is OK, its on the strip but a little farther from the main areas, but its a short walk or a quick taxi ride to the more populated areas.... The view from the top of the building was very nice.
Rooftop view 1
Rooftop view 2
Rooftop view 3
cneoridium cneoridi…
Stratosphere - High above Vegas Aug 09, 2010
Stratosphere is the giant tower waaaay down at the end of the Strip in Vegas. Here are the top 5 reasons to stay there:

1. It's really huge, you can see it from anywhere in Vegas, so it's hard to get lost when you're stumbling home.

2. It has pretty decent rooms for a lower cost than the hotels clustered at the far end of the strip.

3. Your room includes admission to the tower (it's so big you don't even notice that there's a skyscraper which is the actual hotel, under it). It's the best view in town - you can see the entire city, the surrounding desert, and even watch planes come in... below you. It's almost 1000 feet (300m) tall.

4. There are the scariest carnival rides on the roof. One straps you in a chair and drops you down the side of the antenna sticking out the top, another extends an arm off the side and spins your open chairs until they swing out and you're staring straight down 1000 feet... Another they tie you to a harness and drop you free fall a thousand feet to the ground... You can usually work a package with trill ride admission included.

5. It's in old Las Vegas - the one you see in movies with 24-hour wedding chapels where you can get married by Elvis, pawn shops, little "space-age" motels that haven't changed since 1956... It's the last casino of the strip so in a seedy neighborhood, but in a cool kind of way. It's actually kind of nice to come back there after the insanity of the main strip area.

The down sides- it's sort of a long walk down to the rest of the strip, but you can ride one of the round the clock shuttles that run the strip or the monorail across the street. The neighborhood is cool, friendly crack-heads explaining God and the government's conspiracies to you and tattoo parlors - we felt safe, but you might not want to wander around at 3am... I'd take the bus late at night.

It is usually a pretty good value though, and you're actually staying at one of the big tourist attractions, rather than just another block-like hotel like the rest...
$5 Pizza and a beer in the tower -…
Even better, all you can eat pizza…
Standard dreary, endless hallways …
Views from the tower - admission (…
Displaying reviews 1 - 20 of 32

• Massage
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Beauty Salon
  • Body Treatments
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower