Strand Palace Hotel London

Strand Palace Hotel London Rates and Deals

Strand Palace Hotel London Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Location, location and location Feb 15, 2013
The Strand Palace is located next to Covent Garden Market and the thing that signifies this hotel is location, location and location. It is the place if you are looking for bars, restaurants and shops. It is also a perfect location if you arrive from Heathrow airport as you can take the subway directly from Heathrow to Covent Garden station and you have only a couple 100 meters of walk and you reach the hotel.

The hotel is quite large and located on the Strand where it houses one of the largest buildings. The entrance is for the moment covered due to construction work but getting inside is not a problem. The hall getting in is very long and large and you instant get a feeling that there are a lot of people getting through this lobby every day. The reception is located at the end of the long hall to the left and here you get the feeling confirmed. There were lines for the check-in, and I had not seen that since I was at a conference in Orlando at Disney World.

The reception handling went fast, they quickly found my booking and one thing that I noticed was that I had to pay my stay in advance, which is something I seldom see. I was given a room on the 7th floor and I had booked an executive room and I was hoping for a bright room.

My room was far from impressive, it resembled my cabin on the cruise to Bahamas last year and I was surprised about how small it was and I became pleased that I didn’t stay in a smaller room. The room had windows but they were facing the inner yard. The bed was quite nice and large, which was the most important. There was a quite large flat screen on the wall. There was an okay closet and a small desk. The bathroom was also small but it was functional and the shower was one of the best I had in long time.

The hotel was nice and I was really happy with the location. I didn’t try the breakfast because you have so many breakfast places located near the hotel
The hotel
The Strand Carvery
My room
The floor plan
ko2678 ko2678
Great position right at Picadilly Circus Apr 22, 2013
I am in London right now and am staying at a club,however I have stayed at the Strand Palace Hotel on three occasions previously,and was always impressed.

Years ago,it had only rooms with shared bathrooms.These were always kept immaculately clean,however,it has recently had a major upgrade,and now has rooms with ensuite .

Breakfast is an event in itself.Some booking sites include breakfast in the rate,and it is certainly worth the extra,if not included.

The best feature of this hotel is its position,so close to Picadilly Circus,and from here it is a reasonable walk to all the most famous attractions of central London,including Coventry Garden,Trafalgar Square,Buckingham Palace,Westminster Cathedral,Big Ben,The Embankment,and not forgetting a beer at the Sherlock Holmes Pub,as well as shopping at Oxford Street,Regent Street,and the once famous,Carnoby Street,now just a shadow of its 1970s fame.
yayyay yayyay
Nice accomodation in the middle of London May 17, 2011
Great Hotel, lovely lovely staff & position of the hotel was amazing. It was handy to have a doorman help with all the bags & the hotel was within walking distance to just about everything you would want to see in london. Close to tube & easy to get everywhere
world_travel_addict world_tr…
Central location May 01, 2011
Strand Palace Hotel is in a very central location. Very close to Trafalgar Square and Covent Garden. I would stay there again when I go back to London. The hotel is close to metro stations and theatres as well.
sarahelaine sarahela…
Strand Palace Apr 12, 2010
The Strand Palace is a large hotel in central London. The location is excellent, as it is about five minutes from the river, two minutes from Covent Garden, and surrounded by the theatre district.

There is no gym or pool, but there are several lounges, bars and restaurants. Personally, I would view it as better value to go for a walk into London and see what you can find, but it depends on what you feel like doing. There is a doorman, although he always seemed to be doing something else when I come near the door, and a concierge who can help you get theatre and excursion tickets.

Breakfast was OK, although not great, and the staff are prompt and friendly.

The room was really nice. I stayed in a single, but there was loads of space in the room (unusual for London) and the bed was comfortable. There are free toiletries, which is increasingly unusual, tea and coffee, and a hairdryer, but no iron.

I stayed in the Strand Palace hotel on a business trip. I can’t really comment on value for what I paid, because it was on a heavy corporate discount, and I’m not sure what it actually cost. I would say that the price on the door - £176 for a single – is too high and that you should only stay here if you find a discounted deal on the internet.
andytite andytite
Affordable accommodation in the centre of London Aug 25, 2009
My GF and I popped up to London to catch a show (very cultured like that innit?!) and we stayed here for a night. My GF had stayed here before, and booked the hotel based on the location - about a mile from Waterloo station and another mile from the theatre (easy walking - the best kind!).

When we arrived the hotel looked swish - a cheerful doorman swept us inside, we dodged staff hoovering the carpets, mats and anything that remained stationary for more than a minute. Check in was easy too. My GF warned me that the rooms weren't up to much, but ours was very plush - newly refurbed, clean and tidy with the usual basics (kettle, bible, toilet) and few unexpected extras (like a selection of magazines and a generous selection of biscuits to dunk in tea).

We were on the fifth floor, and faced an internal courtyard, which meant we had no traffic noise. The bed was a little hard for my tastes, felt like I was laying on a rock, but the GF was more than happy. The bathroom had a great shower, but the toilet was placed immediately behind the door - which proved tricky when slightly inebriated/half asleep, as I walked into both (cistern and entrance) in a muppet-like manner several times.

The price was good, at about a hundred a night, and we got a breakfast buffet for the bargin price of a fiver - I highly recommend the bubble and squeak.

The main downside was the fact the room had no air-con; I realise that in England we aren't used to warmth and sun, but it was sweltering in London and the humidity was a right old sweaty pain. The room had a small electric desk fan, but it didn't really cut it.

Also, while our room was quite big, looking at the plan several were very small and crammed in odd places, so a bit of luck in getting a good one may be required (offering a prayer or sacrifice of a shower cap to the hotel gods may be in order).

That said, the location can't be beat and the price was competitive for London. I'd stay again, but maybe bring my own fan(s).
The bed - comfy, if a bit hard.
Incredibly cramped bathroom. Good…
ilvagul ilvagul
Strand Palace Hotel - a nice and considerably cheap hotel in the centre of London Oct 20, 2007
The hotel has a really good location if you want to enjoy the main sightseeing objects in the city - very close to Covent garden and Trafalgar square. Big Ben, London Eye, Piccadilly, Leicester square is very close as well.

Another good thing about this hotel is that it's considerably cheap for the centre of London. And comparing to the quality London hotels and hostels usually have - Strand Palace was a very clean and nice place. The rooms are not big, but they're cosy.

The staff wasn't as friendly as I'd want it to be. But it's not that it was bad.

This hotel charges you at arrival instead of the departure day.

You should not expect any extras, however if you're not picky - it's a place to stay at.

Strand Palace Hotel Amenities

• Direct dial phone
  • Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Exhibit Space
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes
  • Shops in Hotel
  • Express Check-In/Check-Out

Related Travel Blogs About Strand Palace Hotel London

Museum Day
4:12am (London time)  - Strand Palace Hotel Just as I lying down to finally sleep, I could hear the faint sound of a fire alarm ringing in the distance. With no air conditioning, the w…London time)  - Strand Palace Hotel Just as I lying down to finally sleep, I could hear the faint…

Check Strand Palace Hotel Rates and Deals