Stove Pipe Wells Village Hotel Death Valley

Stove Pipe Wells Village Hotel Death Valley Rates and Deals

Stove Pipe Wells Village Hotel Death Valley Reviews

sgonesh sgonesh
Affordable place to stay in the Death Valley Jul 09, 2011
Nice place to stay in the Death Valley. 3 types of accomodations. We have stayed in a deluxe room with 2 queen beds. The room is very spacious with TV and are remodelled. Parking in front of your room. All necesary amenties available. WiFi available in separate area. Pool, store, fuel available. Near the sand dunes.
gr8guy gr8guy
Death Valley Lodging Feb 23, 2009
Death Valley, the very name conjures images of cattle skeletons, prickly cactuses and a sea of sand. Well, it can be that I'm sure but it is a heck of a lot more!! Whether you are into Hiking, Backpacking, Off Road Driving, Bird Watching, Photography (like me) or History, this is certainly a place that is probably one of the most unique I have ever visited.

It is hot, dry, desolate, remote and... awe inspiring. This is the only place on the planet that I have been outdoors and have heard NOTHING. I mean not a single bird cheap, airplane, car, cell phone nothing. I was on a dry lake bed doing photography and experienced what the term "deafening silence" must be. It was a bit eerie.. no wind, no insect noise, just silence.. could be maddening if you were lost (que some scary music here with trill sound effect). muwhahahah

Now because I was a bit freaked out by myself, I decided to stay close to the sand dunes area (which is actually right down the road) from where I was staying, the Stove Pipe Wells Village. There is limited free WiFi, no phone (not even a cell phone signal) or TV in the rooms however there is a community room that has the WiFi and TV. As for food, there is a really nice restaurant, a great bar, brand new pool and a general store with gas station right across the street. It is kind of a sleepy little place but cozy if you have the right company. It is very clean, safe and affordable. DON'T forget to fill up your car there before you leave as running out of gas in Death Valley can literally kill you.

Come in the winter as the summer can be VERY hot (nearly up to 135 degrees at Bad Water (285 feet BELOW sea level) and bring a lot of water.

Have fun and bring tons of water.
Bad Water California at Dusk
gr8guy says:
It will be fun!!
Posted on: Aug 03, 2009
Quest says:
can't wait to experience this... :o)
Posted on: Aug 03, 2009
gr8guy says:
Thanks!! good catch!
Posted on: Aug 02, 2009
JoeriNL JoeriNL
Affordable and unique location in Death Valley Jun 25, 2008
I called just hours before arriving, a friendly staff member took the call and I booked me a room in minutes. Not fully booked, and not overpriced as I expected from a NP, especially since there are only two places to sleep in Death Valley, and this one has the best spot I think, so close to the beautiful sand dunes. They also have a pool, nice bar, restaurant, general store and gaspump. For me the best place to experience Death Valley, get a refreshing dive in the pool and explore the surroundings. The other place to stay is in Furnace Creek which is more touristic.

Stove Pipe Wells Village Hotel Death Valley Overview

Discover all that Death Valley (CA) has to offer with Stove Pipe Wells Village Hotel as a base.
All of the 83 rooms of this 1-story property are all equipped with modern in-room amenities.
Modern comfort and convenience are seamlessly combined to ensure the guests' satisfaction.
To book a room at the Stove Pipe Wells Village Hotel, please select your dates of travel and complete fill out our secure online booking form.

Check Stove Pipe Wells Village Hotel Rates and Deals