Stout NYC

www.stoutnyc.com - (212) 629-6191

Stout NYC New York Reviews

bubu932 bubu932
Irish pub with Santa Claus party! Dec 28, 2012
First of all I have to say WOW! I was there for the first time and I got a big surprise, they’re having a Santa Claus party, oh my god I had so much fun, people all dressed up as Santa, was not required, but 90% was dressed up as Santa or something about Xmas like Elf, pinguins... was an event and they do it every year :) However, was not even noon time people starting drink! I and my friend went there for lunch and drinks and we had to wait in the line outside at least for 20mins but were worth to wait! Certainly the largest Irish one completes with just about everything a bar could ask for: high ceilings, multiple floors, international beer taps, over thirty TVs, darts, and even karaoke. In an area where neighborhood bars are hard to come by, Stout delivers with its endless options and impressive space. I am pretty sure group events are almost never a problem here, so as long as seating isn't required. The bar has 3 floors and the lounge area (downstairs and to the right) is the perfect place to mix and mingle over a pint. A couple of couches, a few dartboards, and a personal bar make for an ideal spot without any obligations. The main floor seems to be way more rowdy than the basement. The perched floor above is usually reserved on busy nights as is the separate dining area. Downstairs is another dining area that doubles as a karaoke spot on the weekends. My favorite area is lounge area; easily the most laid back spot in the entire bar. The food was great, I had a nice grilled chicken sandwich with smoked bacon for about 13 dollars, the sauce was avocado ranch and I like it, the price included a side of fries or mashed potatoes. And while the place is normally very clean, one thing that has been consistently nasty has been the men's bathroom. Not sure about the women’s bathroom but could be same lol! Maybe because was really crowed and everyone was busy and had no time to take care of… Overall I had an awesome time and I will definitely go back again, I will also be the moment in which I anoint Stout the best sports bar in Manhattan I have visited so far! I highly recommend this place to those who want to try various stout beers other than Guinness, or who want to watch several live sports games at the same time on big TV screens (then take a seat on the mezzanine level!), or who are craving for sweet potato fries with cold beer! Wish everyone a Happy Holidays :)
the line outside!
Main entrance bar
Downstairs bar
the Grilled chicken sanduiche!
richie_dj says:
I would have to second Bruno. I've been here a few times, and it's a great place to hangout, mingle, and throw back a few beers. This place also gets wild and fun on St. Patrick's day.
Posted on: Jan 26, 2013
bubu932 says:
thanks! hope you guys had a wonderful holidays :)
Posted on: Jan 03, 2013