Story Hotel

Story Hotel Rates and Deals

Story Hotel Stockholm Reviews

Chokk Chokk
A great hip and trendy hotel - a must! Nov 23, 2011
I was back in Stockholm on my weekly visit to the city. I arrived in Arlanda Airport around 9.30 pm and I quickly headed for the taxi queue as I wanted to get fast to my hotel because I had an early meeting at the office the following morning. I told the driver to head for Story Hotel in Riddargatan and it was my first time I was going to stay there.

The taxi arrived in front of the hotel just 30 minutes after I entered it. He had been driven pretty fast but I was not one to complain; the faster the better. I looked a bit at the entrance of the hotel because I was not really sure where to enter. There was a bar just next to the main entrance and the main entrance did not look as an entrance to a hotel. Just inside the door there were some shelves displaying different product that it was possible to purchase. The products were not the usual stuff but things like underwear and socks and so on. At the end of the small entrance a guy in a casual semi suit was standing next to a computer.

He greeted me and welcomed me; I was expected. He asked if I had been there before, which I said no to. It turned out that there were no keys for the doors; I was given a code that I also had to use in the elevator as well. I was given a room on the second floor just on top of the bar. I had looked in to the bar while I was talking to the receptionist, and it was full and there was a great ambiance in there and the music was loud. Next to the elevator there was a really dark restaurant but that looked really nice and I heard one of my fellow travellers recommending it to his colleague, which made me smile since I was staying in the hotel.

The elevator was dark and one of the walls was full of small mirrors in different old frames. A funny voice told me that I arrived at the right floor. The hall outside was also dark and reminded me of an old club from the disco age. I easily found my room and I was really happy when I entered. There was a small hall in great colors and a fantastic coat holder on wheels. On the other side there was the bathroom, which I really liked. It was in great colors again, and with a sink in flower painted ceramic.

The main room was really nice, I totally fell for the look; it was raw, literally. One of the walls was cleaned down even with drill holes and everything and it was left like that. On the opposite wall, which by the way was neatly done in a classic grey color, there were some posters clued on the wall as a living artwork. The room was trendy and hip; I loved it. The bed was great and really comfortable. I could not stop smiling at a postcard that was on the bed. It turned out to be a picture of the manager’s face with black eye; not something you see every day.

I have since that first stayed at the Story Hotel a couple of times and they have all been great stays. The restaurant is recommendable too and it is now one of my favorite hotels in Stockholm.
One of the walls in the room
The bed and the raw wall
The bed and the picture of the man…
For sale
Chokk says:
David, it is a pretty cool hotel ;D
Posted on: Jan 06, 2012
cneoridium says:
Sounds pretty cool!
Posted on: Jan 05, 2012
Chokk says:
I can second that - Argentinian meat is awesome ;D
Posted on: Jan 05, 2012

Story Hotel Overview

Story Hotel is situated in the very heart of downtown Stockholm, only a few steps away from Stureplan at Ostermalm. Close to shopping (NK), in the business district, a short walk to Old Town and all sights.

Features.
Story (Bar) and Story (Kitchen), the hotels F&B outlets, provides a relaxing as well as lively atmosphere from early morning till late in the evenings, ideal for drinks and dinners. Guests are served a complimentary breakfast each morning.

Story Hotel offers 83 individually styled rooms, inspired by urban New York restaurants & bohemian Paris hotels. Free WIFI is provided in all guest rooms and public areas. Pets are allowed in the rooms and same-day laundry services are provided. The hotel offers room service, wake-up calls and a 24-hour reception area with concierge services.

The hotel rooms are equipped with comfortable Jensen beds, safes that fit a laptop, LCD TVs with free cable channels and mini bar which the guests can stock at will. Bathroom amenities include FACE products and hairdryers. All hotel rooms and public areas are strictly non-smoking.

Story Hotel Amenities

• Desk
  • Ticket Service
  • Facsimile
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower