Storebæltsbroen

70 25 22 06

Storebæltsbroen Korsor Reviews

Chokk Chokk
A bridge that the Danes dreamed about for a century Apr 27, 2010
It is a bridge that the Danes dreamed about for a century. Storebæltsbroen is a combined bridge and tunnel construction built for both train and vehicle transport connecting the two Danish islands of Fyn and Sjaelland. The bridge opened the 14th July 1998 and had then cost close to 3 billion euro.

The connection is 17 km long and contains of two separate bridges a tunnel and a road connection on the island of Sprogø. If you are crossing the bridge from Korsør you have to pass the east section of the bridge which goes to Sprogø and is 6.790 meters long. Then drive 2,5 km on Sprogø and the last part of the bridge which is 6.110 meters long.

The bridge is one of the largest bridge constructions in the world and today all Danes see it as the most natural thing to cross it. Crossing it cost approximately 220 Dkr each way and it is kind of cheap if you compared the time and money spend on ferries in the old days.

I have enjoyed the beauty of this bridge since the first day I passed it and not at least the time it saved me. Today I haved crossed this bridge hundreds of times mostly for work. I used to pass it at least 4 times a week in a period of more than a year, so I guess I know it pretty well.

If you drive fast you can do it in less than 6 minutes, but that is too fast for the speed limits. The maximum speed allowed on the bridge is 110 km/h, but most will drive a bit faster. The police are known to have speed cameras here but mostly around the toll area, where you are not allowed to drive more than 50 km/h.

In the beginning some people stopped on the highest point and drove to side and took pictures, which of cause both was dangerous and forbidden, but it still happens that a tourist get carried away and stops for pictures.

My most fantastic memory from here was crossing the bridge in a snowstorm during a dark evening, where the high bridge and the light on it made it look like I was in an acceleration zone from a Star Wars movie; driving up and in to eternity.
Dr_Seuss says:
Gongrats Christian. Nice we got the abridged version ;)
the_bill says:
I've crossed this bridge a couple times, but it was much foggier. Glad to the sun shining on it! :)
alyssa_ob says:
congrats on this feature! I wonder if I was here...I can't remember but it looks familiar.

Check Korsor Hotel Deals