Stoney's Rockin' Country

Stoney's Rockin' Country - Getting down

Stoney's Rockin' Country Las Vegas Reviews

pickettk pickettk
Kind of a great time- even if you don't like country Mar 17, 2011
Just a few miles south on the strip this is a fun get away if your vacationing and need a break from the $14 drink, crowded bars, and rude vacationers wearing Ed Hardy. This bar teaches line dance early in the night and plays country till about 10, after 10pm it plays the top hits and the dance floor looks more and more like a "Vegas" club as the night goes on. Cheap drinks (bottled bear $4, every day) and Thursday is ladies night $1 cover and drinks all night. There's also mini-bowling, darts, and of course you can always "ride the bull" I hate country and I always have a great time at this bar.
Africancrab Africanc…
Riding the Mechanical Bull and Line dancing Sep 22, 2009
Our host Sal decided to take us to Stoney's a country western place for locals to dance, hands down! I must confess that after 6 years in the state of Arizona, I have never been to a club, bar or dance place like Stoney’s or anything close to it. We went to two different locations on Friday and Saturday respectively. I must say right now that the second location turned out to be a great disappointment following the high standard set by the first location right close to Sal’s house. Stoney's Rockin' Country is an interesting grand country western club with a large dance floor, and rightfully so, given the large crowd that showed up. From open to close, there was not a dull moment both with my party of travbuddies as well as all the locals who came to show off their line dancing skills they learned from line dancing classes. I found out later from the Stoney's website that line dancing is taught to anyone who wants to learn three days a week. I can't say I was not shocked by how well the people on the dance floor knew the line dance; they danced with such intensity to every song played. Melanie (mellemel8), Wendy (travelngirl) and I (Africancrab) joined in after about an hour of watching everyone have so much fun without us.

The music that was played alternated between rock and roll, line dance and western swing (which I remember my ex loved to whistle to). On occasion the DJ played popular dance hits from the past creating an invitation to dance for all levels of people who came in, there was something for everyone. Unlike the typical nightclubs we go to in present day night life I saw something that was very inviting, the women and men danced together strangers and acquaintances alike. The cowboy boots and hats added to the atmosphere of another place and another time. Stoney's is more than a typical nightclub; it is more like a foreign carnival with fancy dressing except it is that of American western country. I found out through the Stoney’s website that they offer 4 hour line dance lessons 3 days a week (Thursday through Saturday). A calendar for all listed lessons for the month is included on the website

The great boost to our night at Stoney’s was the mechanical bull that we all took turn riding with Sal (sincitytraveler) taking the lead. It was so funny seeing him ride the bull without holding on to the reign, he never saw it and tried so hard to stay on the bull before the bull tossed him off. Among the travbuddies that rode the bull included Wendy (travelngirl), Melanie (mellemel8), me (Africancrab), Adrian (Acowboy), Andrew (UNLV). Sven did not ride the bull but he filmed the whole thing on his camera. Well other activities at the Stoney’s on Las Vegas Boulevard included beer pong, a pool table , machine bowling, and a small video arcade that includes the popular punching bag machine, and the arm-wrestling machine. Stoney's on Las Vegas Boulevard is much bigger and more tourist oriented with two large bars on both sides of the club, along with cocktail waitresses, so it is never too hard to get a drink, and the prices are pleasantly reasonable. Periodically throughout the night, $3 shots are offered, announced by the DJ. The cover charge to get into Stoney's on Friday night was $5, however on Saturday night at the bigger Stoney’s we were charged $10.00 per person citing tourism as the reason for the double price. Off the strip, I can confidently say it is one of the larger nightclubs with reasonable pricing considering one would have to pay more than $15.00 on the trip to get into a night club. Lucky for us we did not go to the strip.
The inviting sign outside the club
Me inside Stoney's on Las Vegas Bo…
Getting down
Line dancing
Africancrab says:
Posted on: Oct 08, 2009
Chokk says:
Hear, hear Harriet:)
Posted on: Sep 22, 2009
Africancrab says:
Thanks Ryan, it was a great place :)
Posted on: Sep 22, 2009