Amesbury, England

Stonehenge Amesbury Reviews

cotterb cotterb
Stonehenge May 26, 2008
This a place worth seeing because of it's mystery, but also because of the audio guide. The audio guide comes with the entrance fee and is very comprehensive and well narrated. In addition to describing the stones well, the guide recounts many folkloric stories regarding their origin. Merlin was involved in one version, and the devil in another.

You are not able to actually touch the stones but you are close enough to feel how impressive they are. While the path around the stones is pretty short, listening to the audio guide will require that you have at least an hour or two to spend here.

There is a small tourist shop and food vendor on site, but otherwise it is literally in a field. Getting there is easy though as it's just off a major highway and there were several tour buses we saw while we were there.
peppertm peppertm
May 08, 2005
I only say this is free because we decided not to pay to go into the attraction. There is a fee (I'm not sure what it costs) to go inside the fence, but we got the same pictures as the people who actually paid to go in. It was pretty amazing to see, in person, something that you grow up seeing on TV and in books, etc. Hopefully everyone sees it once in their lifetime

Related Travel Blogs About Stonehenge

Daytrip to Stonehenge
Rather than driving to Stonehenge, we decided to take a train.  So, we rode from the city to Salisbury, which took about 1.5 hours and was quite relaxing.  Once we got to Salisbury, we…Amesbury (Stonehenge is just outside Amesbury).  We were so thankful that we were on a bus that took us right…
Stonehenge and Exodus from the UK
If you want to see Stonehenge, look at the rocks in your yard or a neighbor's yard.  Yes, they're big rocks, but I've seen bigger. The whole system to get to Stonehenge takes some planning. &n…Stonehenge, from Amesbury, for £3.  So I purchase my bus ticket for Amesbury.  I buy the 11:30, which…
Day 2- Daytrip to Stonehenge
Our day started early, as we left the house at about 8am. Our train to Salisbury was to leave at 9:15. We got on the train, and rode for about 1.5 hours. After reaching Salisbury, we got on a double-…Amesbury is where you’ll find Stonehenge. Traveling towards it, we all had our eyes peeled for it. When it finally…

Check Amesbury Hotel Deals